Author Topic: Fokker DR 1/32 Roden  (Read 9911 times)

Offline Dave Brewer

Re: Fokker DR 1/32 Roden
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2019, 02:36:32 PM »
Lovely work Rafal,I'm really enjoying following your progress.Nice choice of schemes also.
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline Nigrivender

• Do wrong and it will be good
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2019, 06:17:34 PM »

Hello,
The compass is a mix of roden-eduard and part parts, just like other clocks and other accessories. For now only what can I say about this set is that what I'm used to is Roden is very tiring on the one hand, the average performance of parts and suddenly like a stone, you have to forge.
Next time I will make a truss from brass pipes when building Fokker from Encore.
I also watched what the WNW showed and no one paid attention to the engine cover, I hope it will improve because it looks like copied from 1/72.
If something can't be repaired it means it's not broken

Offline Gene K

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »
Next time I will make a truss from brass pipes when building Fokker from Encore.

Can you explain a little more, please?

Thanks,

Gene K

Offline Nigrivender

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 10:04:13 PM »
Hello,
So to the point. too unstable truss when assembling, which is a lot of problems, incorrect height in relation to the hull, a bit too small bracing of the struts to properly arrange the cockpit elements, I had to move 2 clocks for the ammunition cartridges to fit in. Soon I will put pictures. And worst of all, very soft material that causes warp. I may cling, but I have not dealt with such material for a long time. It seems to me like I would do an old Italeri model. It is possible that this is the effect of too old injection molds. But I don't give up, I keep going, it's just a pleasure to have a little frustration for the effect to be satisfactory after completion and very happy for the modeller, for me.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 01:40:42 AM »
Thanks for showing us the armour pictures - you are certainly a very highly skilled modeller. The cockpit is one of the best representations that I have seen.

Stephen.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 12:18:18 AM »
The Encore/ Roden kit does take some care and adjustments while building. I would recommend getting the Aviattic cowling as it is superior to all of the others including the resin cowling provided in the Encore kit. Just My Opinion,
RAGIII
PS: The Resin engine represents a Lerhone. Okay if doing F1 103/17 for Voss but not for a regular DR1. I am going with the WNW Lehrone that includes the Obereusel front.
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Nigrivender

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 03:46:14 AM »
Hello,
RAGIII, thank you for the information: D, but as I wrote at the beginning this is a test model and I do not stick to the technique very much, Roden's set is even very demanding in terms of patience when processing a detail and its fitting. I am currently trying to tilt the fuselage and change the fitting of the wings so that there are no painting problems that I chose. And the engine that I will use in this model is Oberurser U.II from CSM set No. E32-001, this is the one from the photos that I posted after assembly at the beginning of the post.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 07:07:54 AM »
Sorry I forgot about the engine  :-[ The CSM is a great choice!
RAGIII

Offline Nigrivender

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 12:35:48 AM »
Hey,
Work is ongoing, but slower than I expected due to the folding, you can see how the forms are worked out, finally the model has been on the market for several years. I have to deal with difficult work puttying and sanding. :)

In the photo you can see why I wrote earlier about the truss how it is incorrectly pasted, and it should be in a square.

Installation of the wings I thought up, the base will be the bottom and then the rest, we'll see how it goes ;D

And I have a question for the more experienced, what should the propeller be?

Online RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 04:34:58 AM »
In spite of your difficulties you are making fine progress! I looked up the photo of this Dr1 and the prop is blocked by the middle wing. If no one comes up with the answer I would go with the Axial, always a good guess. I did find one interesting comment in the caption of one of Greg van Wyngardens books. He states that this Dr1 was one of the "Few" to be powered by a UR II (Remag) engine. I have no idea what a Remag is and if/how it differed?
RAGIII

Offline petrov27

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 05:42:41 AM »
Looking great there - glad to see this kit being worked on even with the WNW announcement!

pretty sure going with the Axial is correct?

-Patrick

Offline Nigrivender

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 06:13:57 AM »
Hi,
Thank you very much for information. Filled hull, now it must dry. A long time ago, I haven't used so much putty. ;D

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 07:31:09 AM »
Nice to follow your excellent progress on this model, since I recently completed mine and found much of the same fit problems. Your results look great indeed so far.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Nigrivender

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 03:27:39 AM »
Hello,
Work in stone is underway :D. To show what I wrote about earlier, I show these pictures how much putty you need to use on the hull itself, and this is not the end :o.
With wings on it is a little better.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 06:48:59 AM »
Excellent work so far, and I like your armors as well. Looking forward to your progress on the Fokker.
Ciao
Giuseppe