Author Topic: Koster's SSW D.III 1/48  (Read 25040 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Koster's SSW D.III 1/48
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 10:55:56 PM »
Is that the Eduard one on your picture?
I know only this one I used: https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9722

I think a thin wire is better for the pushrods (the PE are flat). I used remainings of push rods of the Small Stuff rotaries.

Cheers,
Frank

Hi Frank , Yes it is Eduards engine . When Eduard first released kit 8001 it had a white metal engine . On the second production run Eduard used resin for the engine . It's also the same resin engine in the Flashbacks kit .
I do have Eduards new tooled SSW in the stash with the aftermarket resin engine by them as well . Wire or plastic rod is better for the push rods , but I don't want this to be on the bench for months and months with adding detail . Too many kits to build .

Thanks Drew for stopping by  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 11:36:04 PM »
Your interior /wood work is looking great T! Nice start on the engine.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2019, 07:03:03 AM »
You are doing a great work so far, and 99% scratchbuilt as I can see. Following.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2019, 09:00:13 AM »
Extraordinary work thus far, T!  I love these Koster vacs.  With a little work, they can be built up into models that hold their own against newer releases.  And you're just the modeler to do it.  Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2019, 11:14:54 PM »
Thanks guys for the kind comments , I have been down for the past few days .  I rupture a disc in my lower back so sitting and standing isn't the greatest right now . I hope with in a few days I will be back in front of the bench with more progress to report .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2019, 12:58:24 AM »
Get well soon Terri, would love to see you back on this one (and all your others), once your back gets better.   :)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2019, 03:02:56 AM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery, T.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline krow113

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2019, 12:17:20 AM »
 :(
ouch
get better...
 8)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2019, 03:23:40 AM »
Terri,
   Got to ask .......... mountain bike? :-\
   Regardless, best wishes for a very speedy recovery!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2019, 10:15:49 AM »
Thank-you my friends for the best wishes . It was the worst I did to my back . For two days I couldn't stand and ended up having to use two putters for standing and walking ...nein gut !

Lance , no it wasn't from mountain biking , at work while wrapping a skid  :'( Getting to old for some of that stuff now . Mind thinks it can do it , but the body sure in the hell don't !

This weekend I got some time in front of the bench and finished off the cockpit details and got the fuselage closed up . I also forgot to snap a photo of said parts before halves got glued up . However that is the least of my troubles with this build . As you can see there is a fair bit of filling and sanding in the with the lower wing in place ( not yet glue ) The fit of this part is horrible . I have Koster D.VI and that resin wing fits a hell a lot better then the vac parts .

Need to think on how to fix this so more to follow ....

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2019, 10:17:22 AM »
 :-\

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2019, 10:18:05 AM »
 :(

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2019, 09:37:57 PM »
Wow!
 :-\

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »
Hi Ken , Wow is right ! Even doubled check to see if my cuts where correct . No errors there . Been thinking about how to correct this all day and so far have come up with ...well nothing of yet .

Here is a few shots showing the fit of the lower wing from the D.VI kit .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch