Author Topic: AEG C.IV 1/32 Scratchbuilt Two Seater  (Read 19017 times)

Offline Galloway

Re: AEG C.IV 1/32 Scratchbuilt Two Seater GB
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »
Thanks Bob, Mari, & Dal for the kind words..... This is what I have accomplished since returning from my hunt...... the bottom of the jig was made from one of the extra vacuformed fuselages and covered with paper so the frame work would not be glued to it.... so far so good ...........

Ken

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:36:16 AM by Galloway »
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline Galloway

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
The latest ..........

"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2013, 10:34:40 PM »
Excellent Ken!  I'm looking forward to the rest of the interior.  You will enjoy it, I'm sure.  I found scratching the Lloyd cockpit to be very enjoyable and one of the easier parts of the build.  It gives a real sense of progress and accomplishment relatively quickly! ;D  Not nearly as tedious as applying rib tapes or battans! ;)  Great work!

Regards,

Bob

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2013, 11:56:12 PM »
Very precise work. Looks great!!

Steve

Offline Galloway

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2013, 12:58:32 AM »
Thanks Bob, & Steve.......

Getting the rest of the frame work just right will be the tricky part because of the engine bearers...... but once that is done I can incorporate the lower wing mounting points into the frame-work ..... they will be hidden under the floor ... The first two panels of the lower fuselage will be cut out and added later.... I am also going to try to build the landing gear into this frame-work so once finished all can be slid into the fuselage shell ....... we shall see this is my first attempt at scratch building ....... keeping fingers crossed x .... I can't wait to start adding details to the interior though.....

Ken 

PS  Bob your Lloyd is a real beauty and I am learning a lot from following your build ..... have not had time to really comment on others work between job, hunting, & this AEG............ hopefully things will slow down a little after Easter .....     
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:01:16 AM by Galloway »
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2013, 01:10:06 AM »
I like your well thought-out approach Ken.  Although I am trying to keep a few steps ahead in my mind on the Lloyd, I feel like I'm sometimes just making it up as I go.  It's my first scratch build too, so I guess we're learning from each other! ;)  I'm also relying heavily on Des's Voisin build log for scratch building methodology, and of course Harry Woodman's book has much to offer.  I'm also beginning to see how helpful homemade jigs will be in getting everything to line up correctly on a scratchbuilt model, and those take some forethought and planning as well.  It's definately a wonderful learning experience regarding modeling skills and techniques, but the amount of time everything takes in a scratchbuild is a drawback for me.  Nonetheless, in the final analysis it is very reqwarding and satisfying, and has improved my modeling skills. ;D

Looks like it will be a jog to the finish for both of us. ;)  I'm really looking forward to seeing your AEG in all her glorious final form! 

Regards,

Bob

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2013, 02:07:06 AM »
Nice piece of work. I learn so much about scratch building on this site. Thank you for sharing your talents!

Steve

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2013, 03:11:20 AM »
Looks like you've achieved a perfect fit, Ken.  Very impressive.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2013, 09:27:44 AM »
  Ken ,
Please forgive the language but damn you do outstanding work my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2013, 09:33:54 AM »
Ken,
Some great framework on display. Looking forward to seeing more updates from you.
Cheers,
Bob

;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
ken, she gets more impressive each time i check in. i like how you did the vac shel as bottom and side together. makes sense to do it this way and drop in the framing. cant wait to see just how the landing gear and lower wing will attach as per you description. keep up the great work.

Offline Galloway

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2013, 05:46:41 AM »
Thanks Again guys............. Just a little update so hopefully everyone will see where my crazy mind is taking this project.....

The framework is almost done with the motor-mounts attached..... WNW Mercedes fits nicely in its cradle.... and the whole interior will slide into the fuselage shell..... hopefully if everything works this framework will also have the landing gear attached to it.... and the two lower panels which have been cut out will be added later.....

Ken

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:48:19 AM by Galloway »
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2013, 07:06:21 AM »
This is looking really good Ken!  Great photo, too. :D  Keep up the fine work!

Regards,

Bob

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2013, 08:04:49 AM »
Looks great and appears to be a really strong structure.

Steve
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:22:46 PM by pepperman42 »

Offline Galloway

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2013, 01:32:20 PM »
Thanks Steve & Bob,

Just winging it as far as engineering goes...... might fire up the vacuform one more time and try to pull the cowling in one piece also???? What do you think?

Ken
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"