Author Topic: A boy's dream [Sopwith Camel diorama] WNW 1:32  (Read 17365 times)

Offline Gene K

Re: A boy's dream [Sopwith Camel diorama] WNW 1:32
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2021, 01:10:20 AM »
I also have to add my compliment even if others have said it all already!

As do I. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Gene K

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2021, 01:55:40 AM »
Oh my.... lost for words a bit...

That must be one of the best piece of story telling I have ever seen in scale modelling. So simple as a story and so rich in telling, all the details... just wow.

all the best and many thanks for sharing.
Hidde van der Donk from Holland

Bughunter

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2021, 03:41:45 AM »
Manni, I may build biplanes, but you are the real artist! That is sooo great
I scrolled multiple times through the pictures and found again and again new details. I guess there are some fishes in the water? ;)
The paints in the drawers, the magnifier lamp .... and the cubes with DES on it :-*
Do you printed the aircrafts yourself or bought some on platforms like shapeways.com? Have seen there a lot of small planes. And the small cockades on the DH.2 :o - hand painted?

This diorama is an apparent continuation of your earlier works. Brilliant!

And I hope, that you and your "great therapist" keep your disorder under control and you will have a great time; here, on your bench and everywhere else.

All the best,
Frank

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2021, 05:36:46 PM »
Thank you, gentlemen. Again it feels great to be able to take part in this forum.

@Frank:
Yes, there are fish in the tank (Paracheirodon Axelrodi) and Plants (Valisneria Spiralis and Sagittaria Subulata)  :o

The planes are printed by myself and they are all taken from Thingiverse, a free site for 3d models.
The planes and the cocades are painted by hand.
For you I can clearly recommend to get a 3d Resin printer.
Bye, Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Borsos

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2021, 08:53:25 PM »
Manni, at first I am really happy that you are back, how great is this!
Secondly I keep my fingers crossed for a good ... well, I think one cannot speak of recovery but a good way to live with all these diagnoses you received. I hope that you‘d find and keep a way to deal with your everyday life as good as possible!
At last chapeau for another masterfully built diorama which is not only a model display but that breathes so much more. What a fantastic work on all the details of this poetic scene.
All the best,
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2021, 10:18:32 PM »
Welcome back Manni, and thank you for your amazing diorama, one of the most astonishing and brilliant dioramas I have ever seen!

Des would be so proud that you remembered him in this way. The thought and detail that went into your diorama is world class. By the way, the desk lamp in your diorama piece is almost identical to the model bench lamp that was attached to Des' own model desk! I know this is true because that same lamp is now fixed to my model desk!

I am very happy to hear your health problems are being treated and it's wonderful to see you back on the Forum with us again. We have missed you!

best regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2021, 04:23:38 AM »
Welcome back Manni,

Sorry to hear of your woes, hopefully the modelling helps. Fabulous diorama/ dreamscape!

Always such a pleasure seeing what you come up with.

All the best,

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2021, 04:29:37 PM »
Wonderful diorama idea, great execution Manni!!!

BTW: Welcome to the 'Mentals' Club!

Kent

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2021, 05:32:41 PM »
Thank you all for your warm welcome back. It feels really good to be back here. And thank you for the kind words about the small diorama.It was a lot of fun to build it and use the different modelling techniques from woodcarving to scratch building up to stencils cut by a printer and some parts printed by a 3d printer.
Bye, Manni

Offline Monty

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 06:04:31 AM »
Wow, Wow and Wow, Manni! What a great dio with so many layers and so much going on! A real study that shows us the real evolution, spirit, courage and dedication of a scale modeller! This transcends pure modelling and moves into the realm of true art... just so well done!! I can only admire and hope that there is more to come! A Real tribute to Des and his desire to promote our hobby..

Regards,
Marc. (Really great to have you back!)

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2021, 06:46:00 AM »
Manni, I can only apologise for not having seen this before.

Now that I have looked at your work, several times, I am completely lost for words. The sheer skill and artistry which you show here, (and in your abandoned W20), leaves me totally stunned. This is deeply moving, informative, story-telling, and so much else besides. In my opinion this is the best tribute to Des that any of us could offer. This is not modelling - it is high art - you are an artist and supremely skilled craftsman. I agree with Macsporran - it displays skill and attention to detail that some so-called modern artists wholly lack. This should go to a museum or art gallery one day so that many others can enjoy and admire your huge talent.

I do hope that this helped you with your medical problems, and that future projects will also help you to cope better with them.

So inspiring to have you back on the forum - I am excited at the prospect of seeing more of your work.

Stephen.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2021, 06:37:56 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind and warm response, Marc and Stephen.
I is very nice to hear that my little work is so interesting for you guys. Thank you.
I will give my best to deliver more "model stories".
Bye Manni

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2021, 08:09:50 PM »
Thank you so much, Manni, from me:
Thank you for this wonderful diorama that touched me deep inside! And thank you for being back here with us!
Richard

Offline DaveB

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2021, 02:52:04 AM »
Hello, Manni -

How the hell did I miss this!?

I'm lost for words - true art on display and what a clever and very different display - wow!

Makes me think I should give up my efforts after seeing this (I won't really) ...........!

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!