Author Topic: Wingnuts - Time to make a move  (Read 7919 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Wingnuts - Time to make a move
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:42:46 AM »
It is now the first day of November, if Wingnuts wants to beat the postal cut off dates for Christmas they will have to make a move within the next few days, that is of course if they are going to release any more new kits.

We are all expecting the long awaited D.VII this year, well, this year is nearly done, so come on Wingnuts, give us a sign, it's not a hard question and requires a very simple yes/no answer.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Wingnuts - Time to make a move
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:12:25 AM »
I'm going out on a limb and predict that in the next few days we're going to see the second Duelist release consisting of the D.VII and Snipe. If it's not released soon, it won't be under my Christmas tree.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline gcn

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:16:15 AM »
I spoke to WNW and they said the D.VII would only be released in the UK before Christmas at a price of $20 each. Worldwide pricing in January will be $ 100.

Some or all of this may not be true.

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:55:48 AM »
I´m sure that not only the D.VII will be released, but also the Fokker E.I and E.IV...  :)
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »
Last year the Fees and Rumplers were released only a few days before the worldwide mailing deadline, which if memory serves was around 2nd December, so there's a few weeks to go yet methinks.....

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
Yes and cos of PARCELFARCE I got my Xmas pressie mid January  >:(

I'd like a little more chance of actually getting it pre Xmas this year Mr Jackson please... and I'm going to see all your films.. smileyblinkey grin

K
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline cbk57

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 10:57:33 AM »
Jamo posted in another thread pictures of the WNW D VII displayed in 2011 and if you compare to WNW site it is a different version.  It looks like two variants of the D VII are ready to go.  I don't think there will be another duelist set.  WNW have made it very clear they intend to release the D VII in 2012 and since they normally don't make such statements I will take them at their word.  It will be out when they are ready to release it.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »
Personally this end of year release strategy is annoying and self-defeating. We all have enormous spending pressures on us around Christmas and Wingnuts determination to hoard most of their year's releases into a narrow end of year corridor is baffling and counter-productive.

If releases were spaced throughout the year I would be more inclined to buy all of them. As it is a flurry of kits shoe-horned into a narrow release window on top of all of the other Christmas spending commitments, makes me focus on one kit at best and the others can wait or just be ignored. How many Fokker Eindecker versions do I need? ( actually none.)

The real question this year is a test of Wingnut's credibility. They have been honking on for years about the long-promised Fokker D.VII so failure to deliver this one yet again would be a real dent in their PR image. Taking their time to get it right sounds like good PR but the customers are now circling the Wingnuts castle and pitchforks and blazing torches can be seen. Patience is wearing thin.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »
Jamo posted in another thread pictures of the WNW D VII displayed in 2011 and if you compare to WNW site it is a different version.  It looks like two variants of the D VII are ready to go.  I don't think there will be another duelist set.  WNW have made it very clear they intend to release the D VII in 2012 and since they normally don't make such statements I will take them at their word.  It will be out when they are ready to release it.

I think there will be at least three versions of the DVII covering the main manufacturers
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 04:14:36 PM »
Wingnuts has just posted its international Christmas postage cutoff dates on its website.

Buyers in the UK/ Europe etc will need to have their orders placed by 30 November. Customers in the USA etc have a 10 December deadline while the postage cutoff date for Australia is 14 December.

Now the clock is really ticking on any new Christmas releases........

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »
My guess (for what it's worth) is that the crew @ WNWs will release the Sopwith Tripe & Snipe before Christmas. The DVII in the spring of 2013.
Happy to be wrong were the DVII is concerned  ;)

Von happytowaitforthenextbigwingnut!

BobaGast the Wise  predicts it!

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 07:02:46 PM »
Personally this end of year release strategy is annoying and self-defeating. We all have enormous spending pressures on us around Christmas and Wingnuts determination to hoard most of their year's releases into a narrow end of year corridor is baffling and counter-productive.

If releases were spaced throughout the year I would be more inclined to buy all of them. As it is a flurry of kits shoe-horned into a narrow release window on top of all of the other Christmas spending commitments, makes me focus on one kit at best and the others can wait or just be ignored. How many Fokker Eindecker versions do I need? ( actually none.)

The real question this year is a test of Wingnut's credibility. They have been honking on for years about the long-promised Fokker D.VII so failure to deliver this one yet again would be a real dent in their PR image. Taking their time to get it right sounds like good PR but the customers are now circling the Wingnuts castle and pitchforks and blazing torches can be seen. Patience is wearing thin.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Dave, I agree it is frustrating waiting for kit releases but I can't blame WNW for making releases close to Christmas.  I don't see why that would stop you or anyone else buying the kits you want, just get them later into the following year?  I am pretty sure that many Fees and Rumplers will have been ordered during 2012. 

I for one am not that bothered about the D.VII - for sure, it will be a superb kit and if I am given one as a gift then I will take delight in building it.  However the model I would prioritise on is the E.II/III - I can't afford to fork out for one now, so unless it arrives as a Christmas gift then I will have to save up and get one next year.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 02:01:24 AM »
Last year the Fees and Rumplers were released only a few days before the worldwide mailing deadline, which if memory serves was around 2nd December, so there's a few weeks to go yet methinks.....
I too bought one each of the Fee and a Rumpler; I think they were both the late versions, and rushed to ensure WW delivery by the Christmas deadline, now here it is 1 November 2012, and they still are on the "Shelf of Doom"  naturally, others have been built and I am presently at work on one, but; the point being, all the excitement over these kits and here they sit.  How many of us, have these kits sitting in the stash with an assembly date sometime in the future.  I too look forward to the DVII, have for quite some time, I am trying to justify "Duelists" as I have about ten WNW kits on the shelf now.   It took about 4 years for the LVG to sell out, the W29 in about two years.  Point being.  I can wait.  Let WNW hold to their schedule and I will build what is currently in the stash.  If the modelers on this forum are like the modelers I know in person, which I am sure we all are, we all have plenty in the stash to work on.  That being written:........."Bring on the DVII in any guise, and I will pony up to buy it.

Mark

Curmudgeon at large ;)
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »
Too many Hobbits not enough DVII's.....

Steve

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »
i always figured there would be 4 dvii kits. a fokker early and late and albatros early and late. i have also justified the long time its taking because of this. i do want a dvii or 2 or 3 but i dont care when as long as it happens. i got several wnw kits either incomplete or unstarted .as well as a couple hundred other ww1 aero kits so as i said ,whenever they got it perfect is fine with me.the curiosity is mainly over which schemes will be kitted, and how many pheon schemes we will have to choose from.