Author Topic: Wingnuts - Time to make a move  (Read 7921 times)

Offline GHE

Re: Wingnuts - Time to make a move
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 12:32:45 AM »
Messieurs !
I recently heard that WNW will release a decent mark IV tank - won't they?

pardonme kidding...

Gunther
LZeppelin rocks!

Offline fcmdecal

• FCM Decals
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »
At such times I wonder how Roden lost and is still losing a great opportunity to launch a Fokker D.VII in 1/32 scale, taking advantage of the excellent work they did in 1/48 scale ... :(

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 11:24:01 AM »
I too bought one each of the Fee and a Rumpler; I think they were both the late versions, and rushed to ensure WW delivery by the Christmas deadline, now here it is 1 November 2012, and they still are on the "Shelf of Doom."

Mark

Curmudgeon at large ;)

I think that Mark's got it right. I got my Biff a few years ago, and only recently got to it via the Group Build. Two more WNW offerings are in the loft, the Triplane is on the way, and the Snipe will follow in due course. A Camel will get my attention, also in due course, but I'm not expecting it soon. I'll get it when I can.

By my count, the WNW kit numbers run from 1 to 48, less "The Duellists." If all of the kits offered or in development or sold out are counted, there are 20 kit numbers not yet allocated. With any luck, these represent kits "eventually to be offered." If so, we have much to anticipate!  ;)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 12:11:20 AM »
....what a difference a day makes.......

Steve

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 12:46:09 AM »
I fell in love with hobbits and their world in high school. Apparently I was not alone. That led to my next love, besides Melissa, WWI flying machines. I look forward to more amazing aeroplanes from WnW and Roden! Especially a Hannover CL.III and Oeffag Albie. So any of you want to part with a LVG VI let me know please.
 8) Steve

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 10:43:17 AM »
Time is running out very quickly if Wingnuts want to beat the postal cut off dates, the Fokker D.VII is still in the 'coming soon' list, I guess in Wingnuts eyes the word 'soon' must be like the old adage - how long is a piece of string - nobody knows the answer.  ::) ::)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

mike in calif

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »
Des, having seen a battle axed DVII, I'll be a little more patient. The released build of an early DVII by the Hobbits sure looks good to me, and a chance to do Fokker streakies on other than a triplane.

Dekenba

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 07:57:17 PM »
With the speed with which new models get snapped up, even 1 day before the Christmas deadline should suffice!

And it's not as if anybody needs a gift giving excuse the buy a WNW kit, it's not really a popular gift to buy, is it, unless it's for yourself?

A WNW Fokker D.VII is just as welcome after December 25th as it is on December 25th!

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »
Well, they certainly made their move gents!!

How many of you have now blown your Chrissy budgets?? ;) 8)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »

How many of you have now blown your Chrissy budgets?? ;) 8)

Andrew

Yes Andrew, they certainly did, and what an impressive move it has been, there are enough kits available now to keep everyone happy until the end of next year. It will be interesting to see just how many of these kits will actually get built.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 04:14:10 AM »
They should keep us happy until next year but you know within 2 months we'll want more More MORE!!!!

Steve

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
....It will be interesting to see just how many of these kits will actually get built....

A valid and good point Des. It would be interesting to know the percentage of kits bought for collections/investment rather than building (now or later). Also, a number of fellow forum members have realised that their stash's are bigger than their building capability and that they will never get around too many of their builds - will they still fall to temptation? If I had the money I think I'd fall into that boat!!

....but you know within 2 months we'll want more More MORE!!!!

Especially if some more of the kits join the HB W.29 and the LVG C.VI sold out status and ignite some more panic buying ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline mgunns

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 07:14:41 AM »
How True Des!
I echo WK sentiment.  I know personally three modelers who buy the WNW kits, start them and put them aside.  One has two Gotha's.  Sadly, they never see the light of day.  I was explaining to SWMBO the pitfalls of modelers who transition from building into collecting.  It is easy to do.  At my age, it is now will I be able to live long enough and maintain my health to continue to build.  I really enjoy these kits and build exclusively 1/32nd WWI subjects and most of those are WNW kits.  One of the guys in the club summed it up succinctly when he said, "Life is too short to build crappy kits"  I have to agree.  So, I do collect with the intent to build, and I also have something on th bench all the time.  Sometimes stalled but always finsihed.

Best
Mark
 It will be interesting to see just how many of these kits will actually get built.

Des.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »
So Mark, you and I are living to 147 if my math is correct....

Steve

Offline mgunns

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »
So Mark, you and I are living to 147 if my math is correct....

Steve

That is my current intention, I may have to petition the almighty for a little more time depending on what kits decide to make an appearance, but so far 147 is my goal presently, cryogenics notwhithstanding.

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....