Author Topic: Nieuport 17, late version, Copper State Models 1:32  (Read 19562 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: Nieuport 17, late version, Copper State Models 1:32
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2019, 02:45:04 AM »
Thank you a lot!

Well, I aiten‘t dead yet, like Granny Weatherwax would possibly say, but it’s been a while since I made progress here. finally I got the figures converted the way I wanted:

The mechanic on the left and the pilot in the middle are CSM figures, which I changed a little. I wanted the mechanic wear a bonnet de police, so I changed his head for a hornet head and added a bonnet de police sculpted from Green Stuff. The Pilot checking his Revolver fits in my opinion perfectly next to an airplane marked „Risque tout“. I wanted him just before taking off, so I also replaced his head wearing an officers cap with a hornet head which I equipped with a leather flying helmet and goggles from Green Stuff. I didn’t want to give him a crash helmet (risque tout...), as especially fighter pilots seem to have left them off frequently. The figure on the right is a new one frim Kellerkind which normally holds a paintbrush in his hand. i changed that for a wrench cut from scrap plastic.
Now I only need the time and inspiration to paint them...
Best regards
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2019, 07:16:03 AM »
Outstanding conversion work on the figures Andreas! You are a WONDER!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2019, 12:33:42 AM »
Thank you so much Rick, you are very kind.

I finally got this finished:
https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=10530.0
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2019, 12:38:33 AM »
Stunning build Andreas. I just left more comments on the Completed Models thread.

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler