Author Topic: Eduard 1/72 (!) Spad XIII  (Read 11276 times)

Offline Gisbod

Re: Eduard 1/72 (!) Spad XIII
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2016, 06:53:09 AM »
Thanks Ian & Warren,

I suddenly realised that I wasn't happy with the rigging after I'd finished it so I scrapped it.. took the top wing off and cut all the rigging off. Re - rigged again with the 0.06mm (probably too thin and wispy) but definitely better. However, disaster struck just as I was finishing off... my dremel drill toppled over and has smashed pretty much all of it  :o

I've just walked away from it. Probably too far gone, but I'll go and have a look in the morning when I've calmed down... :P

Ho hum...

Guy

Ps I've been sent the new Eduard 1/48th duo of the Spad & D.VII by the magazine. So one of those will be up next although I'll definitely be revisiting 1/72nd again soon. Really enjoyed it...
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline IanB

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2016, 08:06:43 AM »
Ouch!
Sorry to hear that...but glad to see you'll be returning to 1:72

Ian

WarrenD

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2016, 10:20:03 AM »
Guy,
       I have a few of these kits in the stash. You want me to send you one to replace this one. I am saddened this happened, but . . . .

On a curious note, I never get consistent notifications about this thread and some others, but get notifications about others consistently.

Weird.

Warren

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2016, 04:43:55 PM »
Thanks chaps,

Warren, that's very kind of you, but I'll have to have a think about revisiting this so soon....

Thanks for looking in though.

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2016, 12:29:01 AM »
   That's a shame Guy, she was looking really nice. You've had a bad several months, first the big SE and now this twist if misfortune. A relaxing "Review" type Build might just be what you need to get back to normal, good luck with the Duo Build!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2016, 02:33:24 AM »
I certainly can feel your pain having suffered two similar disasters in the last year or so. It is a real shame as your SPAD was turning out beautifully!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler