Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435638 times)

Offline mike in calif

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1875 on: April 23, 2016, 11:16:21 PM »
That is where I'm at Russell. I've found a second hand DH-9a postwar, and so now have just a couple of kits left on the want list. Still lots left to build, so worries there.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #1876 on: April 24, 2016, 03:42:26 AM »
No wonder some of the WNW kits are sold out...

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #1877 on: April 24, 2016, 01:55:35 PM »
The stickers tell me there are aftermarket bits inside the box. PE,Resin,Decals.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #1878 on: April 24, 2016, 04:59:28 PM »
The stickers tell me there are aftermarket bits inside the box. PE,Resin,Decals.

Great idea Mike. I'm always forgetting things like that.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #1879 on: April 25, 2016, 01:00:59 PM »
It also helps when trading a kit.... that UH.... "OH crap, I just sent a kit with a bunch of extra bits to....."

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #1880 on: April 25, 2016, 02:18:44 PM »
Well, I'll say it... the Wingnuts appearance at NZ's model expo was something of a disappointment/ fizzer for those of us hoping for a glimpse of new treats on the way. A test build of the Camel didn't look any better than a $30 Hobbycraft kit.

Maybe they have some exciting new projects under way but frankly Wingnuts will need to pull a very exciting rabbit from a hat to get me hooked this year. Two variants of a Clerget Camel won't do it.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1881 on: April 25, 2016, 03:32:23 PM »
Me , I am not so much interested in one or two very exciting rabbits per year out of Sir Peter's hat, but in a steady flow of interesting and affordable kits. So for me no Riesenflugzeug, nor a HP O/1500...
Richard
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:42:59 PM by rhwinter »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1882 on: April 25, 2016, 11:21:20 PM »
Well, I'll say it... the Wingnuts appearance at NZ's model expo was something of a disappointment/ fizzer for those of us hoping for a glimpse of new treats on the way. A test build of the Camel didn't look any better than a $30 Hobbycraft kit.

Maybe they have some exciting new projects under way but frankly Wingnuts will need to pull a very exciting rabbit from a hat to get me hooked this year. Two variants of a Clerget Camel won't do it.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

I must agree and disagree to a point. As for the Camel test shot not looking any better than a $30.00 Hobby craft Camel, well if you are talking after scratch building the cockpit and sanding down the rib boards etc., OK! Lets face it , the WNW kit will be far and away better. Now as for disappointment I must agree. Their own advertisement had said we will be willing to discuss our new "Releases". So nothing to show was certainly a let down. I still have 7 unbuilt WNW kits and about twice that many from Roden, Hobby craft, Special Hobbies etc. so no big deal on my part as I struggle to finish about 2 per year on average. I also have the Ansaldo on pre order from Aviattic so that should cover me for a while. JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline eclarson

« Reply #1883 on: April 26, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Which brings us back to the question I posed last week. :)

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=7207.0

Cheers,
Eric

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1884 on: April 26, 2016, 01:12:47 AM »
Wingnut Wings play to their own tune. I doubt they take much notice of what we want or what we would like.
They love all the smoke and mirrors, it keeps the interest level ticking over and all with minimal effort on their part.

They seem to run their operation like Apple runs theirs. Create the hype, keep the punters guessing, ramp it up to fever pitch, open the doors and let the sheep come running home.

I've given up caring about what is coming out. It will come and it will either go in the stash or pass me by... I'm good with either scenario.

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline eclarson

« Reply #1885 on: April 26, 2016, 02:15:46 AM »
Wingnut Wings play to their own tune. I doubt they take much notice of what we want or what we would like.
They love all the smoke and mirrors, it keeps the interest level ticking over and all with minimal effort on their part.

They seem to run their operation like Apple runs theirs. Create the hype, keep the punters guessing, ramp it up to fever pitch, open the doors and let the sheep come running home.

I've given up caring about what is coming out. It will come and it will either go in the stash or pass me by... I'm good with either scenario.

vB

Oh von Bob, but they do take notice!  The see our posts then have high level executive meetings to plan ways to mess with us.  ;-)

I hear you.  Unless I drastically change my building habits (or achieve immortality)  I'll be long gone before half my current stash of Wingnut kits is built.  But I'll still have a Camel when available due to it being such an iconic aircraft. 

Cheers,
Eric

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #1886 on: April 26, 2016, 02:42:36 AM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

I must agree and disagree to a point. As for the Camel test shot not looking any better than a $30.00 Hobby craft Camel, well if you are talking after scratch building the cockpit and sanding down the rib boards etc., OK! Lets face it , the WNW kit will be far and away better. Now as for disappointment I must agree. Their own advertisement had said we will be willing to discuss our new "Releases". So nothing to show was certainly a let down. I still have 7 unbuilt WNW kits and about twice that many from Roden, Hobby craft, Special Hobbies etc. so no big deal on my part as I struggle to finish about 2 per year on average. I also have the Ansaldo on pre order from Aviattic so that should cover me for a while. JMHO,
RAGIII

Actually Rick, they said "...recent and upcoming releases" which made me tone down my own expectations for the event quite a bit...  ;)

/Mikael

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/news
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #1887 on: April 26, 2016, 03:07:38 AM »
I never thought I would lose my enthusiasm for upcoming Wingnuts models, but
it seems I have...at least to a point.  The lack of anything in the way of news, or
model development pictures is somewhat frustrating....at least to me.  It has made
me take a fresh look at Roden, which I think is a good thing.  Now back to "waiting". ;)

Cheers,
Ernie :) 
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Russell

« Reply #1888 on: April 26, 2016, 03:23:47 AM »
Ignoring early/late versions of currently modelled aircraft I think since January 2015 to date WnW have only released  the AEG G.IV & the Albatross B.II.

As I recall the AEG was scheduled for 2014 but delayed due to technical issues.

It’s not a lot in one & a quarter years.

Regards
Russell   

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #1889 on: April 26, 2016, 03:33:31 AM »
The Camel looks pretty good to me and I'd surely get one.  Since I retired I have to pretty much pick and choose as much as I'd like to buy each new release.  I'd still like to see a Berg D.I from WNW as Austro/Hungarian aircraft are pretty under represented.