Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435542 times)

Offline zavod44

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1905 on: December 05, 2016, 04:47:55 PM »
........and they are?

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1906 on: December 05, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »
Had a look at Ronny's FB-page, found six or seven profiles of WW1 planes not been kitted so far by WnW or another company (in 1/32th scale), but nothing Ronny had not had on his site for some time.

Offline IvotB

« Reply #1907 on: December 05, 2016, 11:01:21 PM »
Just waiting for the Christmas surprise release 2016. Maybe a Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 (Late).

We'll see. Just less than 3 weeks left.

regards,
Ivo

Offline acewwi

« Reply #1908 on: December 05, 2016, 11:08:51 PM »
Just waiting for the Christmas surprise release 2016. Maybe a Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 (Late).

We'll see. Just less than 3 weeks left.

regards,
Ivo

Plus     
32033 Roland C.IIa (early)   
32xxx DFW C.V (early)   
32xxx Hansa Brand… W.12 (late) with Benz Bz.III  and/or Merc D.III/IIIa engine
32xxx Pfalz D.III
32xxx Albatros B.IIa   
32xxx Sopwith 2F.1 Camel                      

Spyros

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1909 on: December 05, 2016, 11:34:25 PM »
It's here!!! The Christmas surprise!!!

Comes with free roasting tray and garlic bulbs...

Yes... I'm silly! But what is a man to do when he is in waiting for a new Fokker DR.1? Make silly pictures is what!!! haha

Von RoastKiwi

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Online RAGIII

« Reply #1910 on: December 06, 2016, 12:11:31 AM »
and here we go again. Setting our OWN expectations and then if WNW, who have not promised anything but A VERY LATE 2016 release of the Camel, fail to produce a Christmas surprise we will condemn them  :D  Just for the record I don't think there was any Christmas surprise last year?  Ray and Dave have stated that WNW will be releasing new kits and we need not worry about their "Demise". They did not say it would be for Christmas!

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1911 on: December 06, 2016, 12:51:19 AM »
   I'm personally hoping the releases (what/when/how ever they may be) are further delayed; I need more time to save up to pay the "special" Canadian Border Fees imposed by the shipping method!! :( :'(
Cheers,
Lance

Offline zavod44

« Reply #1912 on: December 06, 2016, 04:03:53 AM »
and here we go again. Setting our OWN expectations and then if WNW, who have not promised anything but A VERY LATE 2016 release of the Camel, fail to produce a Christmas surprise we will condemn them  :D  Just for the record I don't think there was any Christmas surprise last year?  Ray and Dave have stated that WNW will be releasing new kits and we need not worry about their "Demise". They did not say it would be for Christmas!

RAGIII

Albatros B II was the Xmus Special last year, I would be bummed if there was no Xmus special this year.....makes me feel like a kid again waiting for this to be announced

Online petrov27

« Reply #1913 on: December 06, 2016, 04:49:32 AM »
always hope for WNW Christmas Surprise(s) but if they do not materialize this year then no worries here - a little disappointment maybe but about par for the course the way 2016 has been.

no "condemnation" of WNW here either - 1000% grateful for the kits they have already produced and just excited to see what they bring us in the future....
-Patrick

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1914 on: December 06, 2016, 06:26:38 AM »
I will buy anything from Wingnuts except their Camel.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1915 on: December 06, 2016, 07:22:25 AM »
I will buy anything from Wingnuts except their Camel.

Des.

I thought I was reading a quote from Oscar Wilde for a moment! haha

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1916 on: December 06, 2016, 07:30:44 AM »
Having waited for sooo looong, I will probably buy a Camel, although I am much more fond of other WW1-planes.
Now I am a little bit afraid of how much the price of the Camel will be. I fear, those "79,- $ to 89,- $ days" are over, even for a small single seater...

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #1917 on: December 06, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »
Ray Rimell's assurance that we should not give up on Wingnuts is solid gold PR for them from a man highly respected within the hobby. What baffles me is Wingnuts' obsessive secrecy and silence which is beyond a joke now to the point of being disrespectful of their loyal customer base.

As most/ all of their new kits now appear right on Christmas it would greatly assist potential buyers to have a heads up of what's  in development and possible release dates so we can factor this into our end of year spending budgets.

What are they frightened of? Commercial competition? Get yer hand off it... the Camel has been known about for 2 years and nobody else has rushed one into production. Even Hobbycraft with its quite acceptable revised mould Camel has not reissued their kit. So why are Wingnuts so secretive?

Surely they see that their endless silence/ price rises/ postage charges have all severely damaged the value of 'the brand' so customers speculate the business is winding down.

In the meantime we see new WW1 kits emerging from the likes of Aviattic and the superb growing range from Copper State Models who are also now talking of expanding into 1/32 scale !

As just one customer of Wingnuts I appeal to them to treat their customer base with  a bit more respect and trust. Without us, you have no business.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #1918 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »
Wouldn't be so worried about any new releases, I for one would be happy if they did some re-releases of their sold out kits. Heck they could finance the company for decades on Fokker DVII and Albatros releases alone! It would kill the ebay market overnight and allow those of us who missed out the first time a second chance other than being price gouged on ebay. And I'm sure more than a few modelers would revell at the chance of resurrecting the fighter component of the luftstreitkrafte in model form ;) (all those wonderful colours!) For me, I would love a chance to get a Sopwith tripe, RE8 and Albatros DV at a respectable price.

Dave

Offline zavod44

« Reply #1919 on: December 07, 2016, 06:03:48 AM »
Hell I'll buy anything just release something already! Geeze....I agree with most of what is said, I think a year off has damaged the brand somewhat.  With that being said, nothing a few surprise releases and the Camel couldn't remedy.....