Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435520 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1845 on: April 21, 2016, 09:11:03 AM »
pfffft, much better soaking them in lighter fluid and sticking an M-80 inside....

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1846 on: April 21, 2016, 09:20:19 AM »
pfffft, much better soaking them in lighter fluid and sticking an M-80 inside....

A friend of mine got grounded for the Summer when his lighter fluid flaming Aurora 109 tossed from a second story bedroom window started a grassfire that required fire response from the Town Department to save the house, fortunately I was only a spectator to the event........ ::) His Dad was not at all amused!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #1847 on: April 21, 2016, 10:57:42 AM »
Nope- Albatros W-4.

Offline FarEast

« Reply #1848 on: April 21, 2016, 02:58:11 PM »
Caudron G.4 would be a great start for the French

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1849 on: April 21, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »
Caudron G.4 would be a great start for the French

Oh yes, and accompanied by a Breguet-Michelin 5 and a Morane-Saulnier BB as well as by a Hanriot single-seater. That will teach us french and prepare for more (Breguet XIV, I suppose..)!

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1850 on: April 21, 2016, 07:06:03 PM »
2 days to go and all will be revealed, some of us will be extremely happy, some will be bitterly disappointed.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #1851 on: April 21, 2016, 08:18:33 PM »
I could well be mildly indifferent.

Most probably!
Think globally, act locally!

Offline boggie

« Reply #1852 on: April 21, 2016, 08:35:43 PM »
I could well be mildly indifferent.

Hahaha!

Yep, one expects Vegemite and ya get stuck with Marmite  ;)

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #1853 on: April 21, 2016, 09:15:49 PM »
What if they release a Camel at $100, plus $20 for postage? After adding VAT, that's a flipping pricy single-seater.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1854 on: April 21, 2016, 09:39:06 PM »
What if they release a Camel at $100, plus $20 for postage? After adding VAT, that's a flipping pricy single-seater.

THEN I will have a more regular and closer look at Roden's offerings again!

Offline Russell

« Reply #1855 on: April 21, 2016, 09:49:51 PM »

What if they release it at $79 with postage included?

WnW said they'd give due warning prior to inclusive shipping 'really' ending (rather than just the general note of intent already given), so there's no particular reason to expect to suffer a higher price and postage charged - this month at least.

Offline 15badcats

« Reply #1856 on: April 21, 2016, 10:54:43 PM »
Maybe they'll offer free shipping for a limited time after the release of the kit That would get a lot of kits out the door right after release

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #1857 on: April 21, 2016, 11:21:36 PM »

What if they release it at $79 with postage included?

WnW said they'd give due warning prior to inclusive shipping 'really' ending (rather than just the general note of intent already given), so there's no particular reason to expect to suffer a higher price and postage charged - this month at least.

Yes, you are correct - but it's going to happen at some point this year and will have a negative impact upon sales. I'd be staggered if it was $79, as they look like they are pricing popular kits higher, and the Camel will be up there with the Fokker D.VII in terms of sales.

I must say I'm not overly excited by the prospect of a WNW Camel. I prefer it when they sell something a bit more unusual.

Offline Russell

« Reply #1858 on: April 22, 2016, 12:13:24 AM »
.........I must say I'm not overly excited by the prospect of a WNW Camel. I prefer it when they sell something a bit more unusual.

I fall into the same camp but to be fair it's probably time for some sort of new 'green machine' to be released to keep 'Allied' fans happy.

Aside from the DR.I which Des keeps banging the drum for (I think it's a DR.I anyway ;)) I'd like to see some of the Austro-Hungarian aircraft modelled - but we all have our favourites of course.

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #1859 on: April 22, 2016, 02:15:05 AM »
I can see why the attitude of many to the imminent(?) release of a Camel kit (though I hope it's "kits") is a bit ho hum, but I suspect that may change when we see the artwork and the interesting choices of schemes. And again when we find that Pheon and maybe others have been beavering away at a whole host of amazing alternative schemes. It could be like with the Pup, only more so, that some of the more spectacular examples are training machines. Though personally I find the Naval squadron colours perfectly flamboyant... Crossed fingers :)

Mark