Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435521 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1650 on: November 27, 2015, 11:07:42 PM »
Don't forget the promised surprise Award from WNW for the Facebook WNW Fans GB  :o Ends Dec. 15th! Could it be the Camel??????
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #1651 on: November 28, 2015, 01:38:37 AM »
Don't forget the promised surprise Award from WNW for the Facebook WNW Fans GB  :o Ends Dec. 15th! Could it be the Camel??????
RAGIII

Since the 15th of December is my birthday, I'm taking it a sign from above!!!

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #1652 on: November 28, 2015, 08:53:07 AM »
Based on the premise that WNW like producing types with museum survivors or "late production" examples, then some AH aircraft could be in the offing:

HB C.1 (late production Austria), Aviatik Berg D.1 (two museum survivors, different versions - one in USA, one in Austria) and Phoenix C.1 (Swedish "Dront").

I'll be waiting. ;)

Cheers GrahamB

PS. Sorry for not being very productive or engaged with forum for a long time.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #1653 on: November 28, 2015, 10:11:07 AM »
Not the only two surprises...
The price for the two seaters is now 119!USD which is half of the AEG price
And shipping remains free for a limited time.

Offline Ollie

« Reply #1654 on: November 28, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
If history stays the same for their box art, we'll be seeing an RAF Be 2 in the future. Additionally their 400 hp Liberty Engine is coming back. So sorry I've missed the sold out ones but there is still some other great models on their site I have to get before their gone.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #1655 on: December 01, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »
I think the question now becomes....not "will there be a Xmus surprise", but will these two be the "only" surprises......since I missed these two, I'm looking to throw some money at another surprise!  Come on WNW!  more surprises.....  So greedy aren't I?  Two awesome surprises aren't enough, truly a golden age we are modeling in.  At this point I wouldn't care what they released for another surprise, I'll get it! 

Offline Derrick

« Reply #1656 on: December 10, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
I was just looking at the Windsock website and their next datafile is F.1 SHIPS' CAMEL, so maybe a hint of a surprise release before Christmas ?

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1657 on: December 10, 2015, 11:29:52 AM »
I was just looking at the Windsock website and their next datafile is F.1 SHIPS' CAMEL, so maybe a hint of a surprise release before Christmas ?

I doubt it, but the WnW Camel is imminent.

George

Offline FarEast

« Reply #1658 on: December 10, 2015, 11:31:46 AM »
If history stays the same for their box art, we'll be seeing an RAF Be 2 in the future. Additionally their 400 hp Liberty Engine is coming back. So sorry I've missed the sold out ones but there is still some other great models on their site I have to get before their gone.

Really?

I think not, I actually did a little research in to this and the reality is there seems to be no real method - we are still waiting for the Albatros D.II/III as seen on the F.E2b box art, The DR.I as seen on the SE5 box art, The Neiuports on the Roland DVIa,  DVIb box art and Rumpler C.IV, the BE2 on the Fokker E.IV box art  etc.

I think Mr. Anderson paints the magnificent pictures with appropriate era adversaries and then someone along the line Wingnut Wings releases a model - the two don't really collateral in my opinion.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1659 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47:54 AM »
   I'm not so sure we'll see a 2F1 Version soon, if ever, but I ordered the new data File today just in case.............???
Cheers,
Lance

Offline FarEast

« Reply #1660 on: December 10, 2015, 11:49:13 AM »
If there is anything to it, it is a recent thing - sparked by the Felixstowe / W12 box art.

True as it was almost 1 month between release dates - so there COULD be something to it but it did take them to 2 years, 8 months, to release the Post War F2b Bristol Fighter that first appeared on the Sopwith Snipe (Late) box back in January 2013

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1661 on: December 10, 2015, 12:36:57 PM »
Yeah, about exactly one year ago in this very thread I was poo-pooing the idea of the whole box art thing when the HB W.12 box appeared with the Felix.... "like they'll ever release one of those!"

so who TF knows... :)

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1662 on: March 04, 2016, 03:24:19 AM »
I really think it's time now to quit the upgone-prize-thread and go on with the "Wingnuts speculation"-thread!
My guess: A Camel is due out next! (Or a Morane-Saulnier BB? Or a Breguet XIV? Or a DH.4? Or even the long anticipated BE.2c?)

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1663 on: March 04, 2016, 03:34:38 AM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Camel is the next release. Then again, they could pull the unexpected as they have done in the past.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #1664 on: March 04, 2016, 03:52:18 AM »
No matter what will be the next, it will cost a lot of money...............