Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The World of Scale Models / Re: VBS Kuňkadlo (1/72, Eduard)
« Last post by PrzemoL on Today at 01:48:45 AM »
Thanks for the kind words on my little model.
Also, thank you, Ondra, for the explanation of its name, I was also wondering about the meaning. I have finally read the text in the little monograph, where the "croaking" origin of the name Kuňkadlo was explained, too.
Beginning of the cockpit assembly. The 3D print elements do have some traces of printing layers, which I am trying to sand down. Tedious but necessary, especially for the elements which will get a metallic finish.

Under Construction / Re: Pegasus 1/72 Roland VIb
« Last post by enathan on Today at 12:58:50 AM »
Now that the forum is back your photos are back too, Dennis  :)
Good progress with the Roland.
« Last post by Rick_H on Today at 12:43:06 AM »
What did you use for the engine?  I hollowed out and hollowed out and tries to use an engine from a Roden Albatros and had to file away most of the engine anyway.

Rick in Seattle
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: Luftschiffmotorboot 1/144
« Last post by Dirigible-Al on May 21, 2024, 11:58:57 PM »
Not the most exciting thing but I thought I would show the base. Insulating foam was cut and sanded to shape. I then scrunched up some baking foil and stretched it over the foam. This was covered in white glue and green painted on the high parts and blue on the low ones. Next I put Many layers of varnish with a tiny drop of darker blue mixed in with the intention of giving it depth.  The raised parts will have cotton wool glued to them to resemble foam but I cannot do this until the boat is glued into it.
Thanks for looking in, Alan.
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: Luftschiffmotorboot 1/144
« Last post by Dirigible-Al on May 21, 2024, 11:51:34 PM »
Not the most exciting thing but I thought I would show the base. Insulating foam was cut and sanded to shape. I then scrunched up some baking foil and stretched it very the foam. This was covered in white glue and green painted on the high parts and blue on the low ones. Next I put Many layers of varnish with a tiny drop of darker blue mixed in with the intention of giving it depth.  The raised parts will have cotton wool glued to them to resemble foam but I cannot do this until the boat is glued into it.
Thanks for looking in, Alan.
« Last post by IanB on May 21, 2024, 11:49:57 PM »
This looks like fun. I'll watch from the bar!

Ian
Under Construction / Re: Jeannin Stahltaube - a scratchbuild in 1/144 scale
« Last post by NigelR on May 21, 2024, 11:36:15 PM »
This is all absolute madness! Amazing work, and fascinating to see how you do it.
Completed models / Re: Blue Max Pfalz
« Last post by NigelR on May 21, 2024, 11:34:14 PM »
A very nicely done Pfalz and Ursula too! What's not to like..... ;)
IMO that looks very good. I would suggest turning your photo into a B&W shot and comparing it with some examples of the real thing.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10