Author Topic: Roden SPAD VII 19 Sq. RFC 1/32nd scale:SPAD VII Lafayette:Nieuport 28 94th Aero  (Read 46674 times)

Offline RAGIII

Sorry about the compressor Rick.

But at least you’ll get a lot of use out of the new one!

Guy

I can only hope it lasts as long as My cheap Badger version without tank did..about 10 years or so  ;D
RAGIII

Nice progress on the Nieuport, Rick.  I like where its going.
Looks like a compact compressor.  Mine is a big monster - used for many other things besides painting.

Thanks Ken. As for the compressor all I use it for is the Airbrush. No Power tools for this guy  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
You keep amazing me with your beautiful builds and informative build logs Rick.

Hats of!

Willem

Offline RAGIII

You keep amazing me with your beautiful builds and informative build logs Rick.

Hats of!

Willem

Thanks Willem. I appreciate the comment!
RAGIII

Bughunter

I really hope for you Rick, that the new beast is not very loud.
I love my Werther silent air (rebranded available under many labels) because it has a sound like a refrigerator. The compressor on top of the tanks looks alse like a fridge from the back side ;) Airbrush work on Sunday evening is no problem.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline mgunns

The 28 is one of my favorites and one of the first 1/32nd scale kits I built when I got into the !/32nd side of the WWI house.  Your colors look good to me Rick, and like you, and the others, I too mix as I go until it looks good and go for it.  Once you get your compressor set up you will be knocking this out in no time.  Looking forward to seeing it progress Rick.  I have one in the stash, awaiting the opportune time.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline RAGIII

I really hope for you Rick, that the new beast is not very loud.
I love my Werther silent air (rebranded available under many labels) because it has a sound like a refrigerator. The compressor on top of the tanks looks alse like a fridge from the back side ;) Airbrush work on Sunday evening is no problem.

Cheers,
Frank

The compressor I was using had no holding tank at all so ran all the time and was noisy. If the tank works I should at least have a couple of minutes of quiet spraying  ;D
RAGIII

The 28 is one of my favorites and one of the first 1/32nd scale kits I built when I got into the !/32nd side of the WWI house.  Your colors look good to me Rick, and like you, and the others, I too mix as I go until it looks good and go for it.  Once you get your compressor set up you will be knocking this out in no time.  Looking forward to seeing it progress Rick.  I have one in the stash, awaiting the opportune time.

I think the kit is one of Rodens best! At least now I know I am not alone in My poor Mixing habits  8)
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

One more thing about mixes that I "Just" found out about. This site allows one to enter the product number from one brand and match it to another. Handy if one wants to take the WNW Tamiya call outs and convert to another brand. I am sure many of you were already aware of this site but thought I would share it for those that were not familiar.
RAGIII

https://www.modelshade.com/

PS: I found they don't always match exactly but do get one in the ballpark!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 01:29:07 AM by RAGIII »

Offline Fvdm

You build and update faster than I can read the updates  ;D nice progress.

Offline RAGIII

You build and update faster than I can read the updates  ;D nice progress.

Thanks for the comment! There are others working faster than Me  ::) That being said I used My time while waiting on the New Compressor to modify and paint a couple of Gaspatch Vickers. I also did a minimal amount of detailing on the engine. ( It won't be seen once the cowling is on  ;D
RAGIII

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
Very nice colors Rick, I want one!

Kent

Offline RAGIII

Very nice colors Rick, I want one!

Kent

Thanks Kent. IMHO this is probably Rodens best 1/32nd scale kit! About the colors I saw a post on FB today about a Polish, I think, company doing ALL of the French Colors from WW1 through the 30's. I am looking into availability here in the States. I will let all know what I find out.
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
 ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

;)

Alexis

Thanks for dropping in and the Smile Alexis!
RAGIII

Offline dr 1 ace

Movig along nicely ! May have to try some Vallejo paints.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline lone modeller

The Spad looks really good Rick. Those Gaspatch accessories are very good value for money and some of the few AM parts that I use.

Stephen.