Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435458 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2340 on: November 06, 2017, 01:55:58 AM »
i'd really love a Hanriot too.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2341 on: November 06, 2017, 01:57:21 AM »
     I hadn't thought of the Hanriot in the speculation concerning the engines on the Wingnut Wings sprue......... makes the speculation even more logical. A French aircraft subject would be very welcome methinks, been a long while since the Salmson, and it's a lonely diversion from the standard British and German subjects!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jamieg

« Reply #2342 on: November 06, 2017, 07:47:10 AM »
I would love to do a pretty blue Hanriot in honour of Willi Coppens! But, I would still like to see Wingnuts tackle some Austro-Hungarian subjects.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2343 on: November 06, 2017, 09:00:41 PM »
I would love to do a pretty blue Hanriot in honour of Willi Coppens! But, I would still like to see Wingnuts tackle some Austro-Hungarian subjects.

"strummin' my pain with his fingers, singin' my life with his words... killing me softly with his song..."

i'm imagining a world with a WNW N.17 (well a few), Coppens' Hanriot (and maybe a few Italian kites) and Star Strutters and... and... an OEFFAG D.III.

i think if that happened i'd assume i was dead, and had been a MUCH better boy than i thought i was. especially if they larded the mix with a DH.4.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2344 on: November 06, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »

"strummin' my pain with his fingers, singin' my life with his words... killing me softly with his song..."

i'm imagining a world with a WNW N.17 (well a few), Coppens' Hanriot (and maybe a few Italian kites) and Star Strutters and... and... an OEFFAG D.III.

i think if that happened i'd assume i was dead, and had been a MUCH better boy than i thought i was. especially if they larded the mix with a DH.4.

I am all with you, Jeff! DH.4...

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2345 on: November 07, 2017, 12:44:48 AM »
A couple of observations here. First Des said that a New Tool State of the Art  NIeuport 17 was closer than we think or something similar. He didn't say it was WNW  8)
Second: I have been re reading this entire thread as opportunity allows. Up to page 96 now. Funny thing I have been predicting a Fokker EV/DVIII and a Dolphin, and a 1 1/2 Strutter about every 10 pages since 2013  :o My Logic has been impeccable but my results on being right....  :-[ A couple of other observations. Des has wished for that BE variant almost as Much as I have predicted the afore mentioned  ;D Bob Von Buckles has asked for the DR1 in a far greater frequency  ;D Nigel was the most clairvoyant in that on page 56 he sort of predicted the Camel and LVG CVI Duelist kit  8) So hell, who knows what hey will do but it is fun putting forth the suggestions and defending why one must be right .
RAGIII
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:50:46 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2346 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:02 PM »
New email from WNW, how they tease us.

Regards

Richard Alexander
 General Manager

PS: Just in case you were wondering, yes we are working on lots of great new models and we're looking forward to sharing them with you.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2347 on: November 07, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »

Regards

Richard Alexander
 General Manager

PS: Just in case you were wondering, yes we are working on lots of great new models and we're looking forward to sharing them with you.

<sigh> more tea leaves to read...

i sense a bit of a pivot with their recent releases, and it *seems* linked to their opening up distribution channels. lately they've gone in for more 'sure thing' boxings, like the return of the D.VII, and the Jasta 5 boxings, than they used to. i think the Camel also reflects this, so it has affected their new releases (the Taube topped a lot of wish list polls i'm told). i am sure they'll still do important but less glamorous types, but it sure looks like they're more interested in having more 'sure thing' smash hits.

the Nieuport 17 is an obvious smash hit. a SPAD XIII is just as easy to justify, but Richard's mention of the Nieuport needing a new tooling makes me wonder if the decision to do one wasn't made about the same time as the Camel, so i'm still betting on it for a Crimbo Surprise.

does Des... KNOW something? Des didn't mention WNW, but Richard mentioned Nieuport 17.

RAGIII i'm a late comer but i'm in the Dolphin and BE2 clubs. give it a few years, you'll be able to add my "it's a DH.4" to the list of 'predictions' :P

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2348 on: November 07, 2017, 03:48:14 PM »
PS another reason why i'm so wound up by the Nieuport 17 speculation:

i've already contacted WNW about distributing their stuff in Southeast Asia. i'm based in Thailand. Thailand flew a lot of Nieuport 17s back in the day. pairing a WNW Nieuport 17 with RTAF decal sets should tempt a few Thai modelers to set aside their Gundam and Satar War stuff for a week or two...

so yeah i'm drinking the Nieuport Kool-Aid. big time.

my company's still in the paperwork phase, and it's mainly a tech company. the WNW thing is an evangelical project. i don't care if i make money, although i'll be careful not to lose too much while preaching the Gospel According to WNW, if it works out...

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2349 on: November 07, 2017, 03:51:10 PM »
another speculation: did any home defence/training squadron Gotha Hunter Pups ever shoot down a Gotha? a G.IV/Pup duelist boxing would be all kinds of awesome.

um. yeah. you can tell i've had a LOT of coffee this morning, right?

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2350 on: November 07, 2017, 06:22:42 PM »

Regards

Richard Alexander
 General Manager

To me this PS in Richard's email announcing Taube availability may well mean, that we can expect new models, but very probably there will be no Christmas surprises this year.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2351 on: November 07, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »

Regards

Richard Alexander
 General Manager

To me this PS in Richard's email announcing Taube availability may well mean, that we can expect new models, but very probably there will be no Christmas surprises this year.
LOL well aren't you the optimist!

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2352 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:42 PM »

Regards

Richard Alexander
 General Manager

LOL well aren't you the optimist!

Well, why, am I not an optimist? This is an optimistic version for our wallets/bank accounts :)
Besides, in the private line, I feel I need first to reduce my stash building two or three recently purchased models (that notorious water damage in WNW warehouse) before buying new ones. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:48:27 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline boggie

« Reply #2353 on: November 07, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »
Absolutely right Prze.

Optimistic AND Practical!  :)

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #2354 on: November 12, 2017, 04:06:47 AM »
Ok, Des...been a week now since you dropped your little bombshell tease inre a N17 sans any details....so...er...uh...maybe just a little more that's slightly less cryptic?.....(you got rules against bribes?)    -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde