Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The World of Scale Models / Re: VBS Kuňkadlo (1/72, Eduard)
« Last post by PrzemoL on Today at 05:19:36 AM »
Thanks.

And here you are Warren  ;)

That's an extremely organised stash you have. It must be nice when you start a new project, a bit like being in a model shop but free.
Under Construction / Re: Pegasus 1/72 Roland VIb
« Last post by djuggie on May 17, 2024, 10:54:20 PM »
May 17, 2024

The Dremel tool went to work yesterday and here are the results.  There was a great deal of plastic to be removed but the results are pleasing.  It will never see the light of day again, but it is there.  I hope to have the interior finished and closed up by this week end.

The decals for the logenze proved to be almost too old.  I will have to see if I can save them.

Also, my compressor died yesterday.  You would think things could last more that 20 years.  That may slow me down a little.

Dennis

Great subject. I'd love to do a mini version of one of these one day.  :D
What's interesting to read / Re: On this Day (WWI aviation news), Vol. 3
« Last post by PJ Fisher on May 17, 2024, 09:44:24 PM »
Flying Colors
On Friday the 12th, recently promoted 2nd Lieutenant Georges Guynemer was on hand as standard bearer for the 1st flag of French military aeronautics during a ceremony on the field of the aérodrome that would later bear his name. Base aérienne 102 Dijon became operational in the spring of 1914 and was assigned the headquarters of the 1st Aviation Group, which was accommodated in several aircraft hangars and barracks. Four squadrons were stationed there when the World War broke out: the BR 17, BL 18, HF 19 and MF 20. It was on this military airfield that the 2e reserve aviation unit dedicated to the centralization of deliveries made by factories working for the aviation and transit to aviation squadrons of the parks from the front of the stored goods.[clarification needed] 2Y also worked, from 1917, a flight school dedicated to piloting aircraft manufacturing company Voisin[/color] (via wikipedia).  Just over 260km southeast of Paris, Dijon-Longvic airfield would be run by the Armée de l'Air for another 100 years, until ceasing military operations 2016.  A museum opened there in 2022.
(from the Daily Sketch, 17 May 1916):

A film clip of this very day, celebrated on its centennial, can be seen here: https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/bourgogne-franche-comte/cote-d-or/dijon/dijon-base-aerienne-102-rend-hommage-georges-guynemer-du-9-au-14-mai-981808.html
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: 1:72 Roden SE5a
« Last post by PrzemoL on May 17, 2024, 08:16:02 PM »
Great start. Those Roden kits are still fine, and when amended, more or less, build into fantastic models. Yours will surely be one!
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: 1:72 Roden SE5a
« Last post by NigelR on May 17, 2024, 06:34:00 PM »
A very fitting choice of subject and a great start. It's just so hard to do an OOB build...... ;)
Looking very nice indeed. I can't wait to see how you approach the vignette, as I am a huge fan of dioramas and vignettes.

Just a minor point, the barrels of the 6 inch guns were painted the same colour as the tank. I can't really tell form the photos if they have an all over metallic finish or not.....
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: 1/32 Wingnuts Roland D.VIb
« Last post by NigelR on May 17, 2024, 06:23:16 PM »
Nice choice, I have a DVIa part started and the Roalnds are lovely kits.

I'm such a stop-start modeller that I'm hesitant about Group Builds, but if I'm ever going to do one, it's going to be for Dave W
Me too, I always build to my schedule so never participate in group builds. But this one is a must do.
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: 1/32 Wingnuts Roland D.VIb
« Last post by macsporran on May 17, 2024, 05:42:06 PM »
Thanks Guys.
Rick - Last to be added rather than last one, I'm afraid.
There's still quite a few to build. Undoubtedly they'll see me out rather than me seeing them out!

S (holding head in shame)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10