Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435542 times)

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1755 on: April 01, 2016, 07:00:20 AM »
Windsock are releasing a datafile on the Aviatik (Berg) D.1..... I wonder??? ::)
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1756 on: April 01, 2016, 09:00:55 AM »
Well Windsock published Halberstadt C.II at War! in April 2013, and so far, no Halby  >:( :(

But who knows.

I would definitely love to see an Berg!

Offline Derrick

« Reply #1757 on: April 01, 2016, 10:29:29 AM »
I still don't see the reason to tell us at the very last minute. Given the prices of the kits, I would think it would be better to announce what is being release next, so we can actually beg, borrow or steal what we need to buy them. Good example is Fly models who announce their Hawker Hurricane kits, of which I plan to get at least one. Probably the desert version and the Sea Hurricane.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #1758 on: April 01, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »
I seem to recall seeing a reference earlier this year to a trade show WNW will be attending sometime in April.  I remember that they released the Roland C.II at a trade show a couple of years ago, so I checked and the Roland was released on April 6,, 2014.  It just so happens that the Guangzhou International Toy and Hobby Fair is being held from April 8-10 this year.  Don't know if that's the show WNW is attending or not, but maybe we'll see something fairly soon. 

Regards,

Bob

It isn't a trade show its the Wellington Model Expo, run by our local IPMS club. It's on 23-24 April. I will be there, camera in hand, and will send through pics of anything new (probably via Facebook). I am expecting surprises (but I have no inside knowledge at all)

Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #1759 on: April 01, 2016, 11:50:38 AM »
I'm sure there will be a new model on the Wingnut stand at the Wellington Model Expo 23-24 April - never failed yet. Roland for me last time (2 years ago).Only three weeks to go chaps. :)

Cheers
GrahamB

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #1760 on: April 01, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
2014 Model Expo were the two Roland kits. Previous Model Expo was the Pfalz DXII

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1761 on: April 03, 2016, 11:53:47 AM »
    I'm looking forward to Jamo's report on the Expo, surely the Camel debut, overdue, will be the feature?!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #1762 on: April 03, 2016, 02:42:28 PM »
    I'm looking forward to Jamo's report on the Expo, surely the Camel debut, overdue, will be the feature?!
Cheers,
Lance

I'm not so sure.  I think we may see the Camel towards the end of the third quarter of this year.  Perhaps something else is coming...
Honor Necessity

Offline 15badcats

« Reply #1763 on: April 03, 2016, 02:47:44 PM »
Who else thinks the free shipping will end with the new releases ?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1764 on: April 03, 2016, 08:26:25 PM »
The Camel is a possibility but not probable, more than likely later in the year, as far as 'free' post I think it will be dropped mid year (just my 2 cents worth)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Russell

« Reply #1765 on: April 03, 2016, 11:01:33 PM »
As I recall WnW has said that a timely warning would be given before inclusive shipping was actually ended. By which I take it to mean a few weeks warning at least.

Regards
Russell

mike in calif

« Reply #1766 on: April 04, 2016, 01:01:57 AM »
...And at which time we may see a few kits added to the "sold out" list.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1767 on: April 04, 2016, 01:24:59 AM »
Cheers,
Lance

[/qI'm not so sure.  I think we may see the Camel towards the end of the third quarter of this year.  Perhaps something else is coming...uote]

I'd prefer the Camel but if you're right, Eric, that too would be very exciting........... a BE2 and / or something really "off the wall", like a D.VIII, DR.1, or Dolphin??!!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #1768 on: April 04, 2016, 05:48:39 AM »
I'm with Eric on this one - something not on the radar is more likely and would fit with past issues at the show. I'm hoping for an Aviatik Berg D.1 or something like that. Couldn't give two hoots for a Camel myself. ;D

Cheers

GrahamB

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #1769 on: April 04, 2016, 10:47:27 AM »
I'm with Eric on this one - something not on the radar is more likely and would fit with past issues at the show. I'm hoping for an Aviatik Berg D.1 or something like that. Couldn't give two hoots for a Camel myself. ;D

Cheers

GrahamB
Would love to see them release a Habsburg bird of some kind.  I would not be surprised to see something that is a derivative of a kit that is already out there, such as another Albatros B II (mid or late), another DFW (early), or perhaps another W.12 (early). 

The problem with all of these guesses is that they are two seaters.  In the past, WNW's spring release has been a scout plane., with the exception of the Walfisch kits.  Who knows.
Honor Necessity