Author Topic: Wingnut wings Christmas surprise  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Ringleheim

Re: Wingnut wings Christmas surprise
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »
WNW has made it pretty clear now that at some point, you will see a discontinued kit a second time.

I'm done buying anything I missed on Ebay at high prices.  Be patient and it will come back.

I just wish they would give us more decal options with these duelist boxings.

Luckily, the original RE-8 decal sheet is still available directly from WNW.

I think I will buy this release and the Re-8 Decal sheet, then sell the Halberstadt half of the kit.

The Re-8 is one of the kits I missed first time around!  I think it's the coolest of all the British 2 seaters they make, with the possible exception of the Fe.2b, but that's sort of its own animal.

I hope this is not it!  Would love to see a brand new kit of a brand new plane we have not seen announced some time in December.

Offline krow113

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 10:52:03 AM »
Ill pass
But all good .
I have a Tate already.
And the Halb will be available like the entire catalogue will always  be available to those who wait .
A hugely decent sales and customer service approach by WNW to keep their kits affordable , available and no profit for rip-off re-sellers.
I also anticipate the 0/400 will swallow (happily) my '19 model budget.

The next duellist will be the Gotha and a Biff nightfighter and will prove to be their best seller.
Both being OOP.
You saw it here first...
C'mon!!!!!!!!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
Ill pass
But all good .
I have a Tate already.
And the Halb will be available like the entire catalogue will always  be available to those who wait .
A hugely decent sales and customer service approach by WNW to keep their kits affordable , available and no profit for rip-off re-sellers.

The next duellist will be the Gotha and a Biff nightfighter and will prove to be their best seller.
Both being OOP.
You saw it here first...

C'mon!!!!!!!!

You have it right as to the inevitable re-release of all of their kits and NO REASON to pay outrageous E Bay prices  ;D  As for the next Duelist, you are close. A Gotha and JTB McCuddens Pup  8) Didn't shoot any down but chased the Heck out of them!
RAGIII

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:47:49 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
Here's the boxart of the Wingnuts Christmas release

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 12:19:20 PM »
Ill pass
But all good .
I have a Tate already.

Both being OOP.
You saw it here first...
C'mon!!!!!!!!

a Pup would be a better bet for pairing with a Gotha. a Camel would be perfect, but they haven't run out of Camels. yet.

i'd like to see H.S. Kerby's Pup in this boxing. he bagged *two* G.IVs, so maybe it could then include markings for two Gothas. One Pup though.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:25:07 PM by Jeff K »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2018, 03:21:35 PM »
Although "III" is the covergirl of the oop Windsock datafile 27 on the Halberstadt Cl. II, I'll go with the standard packings as there are more and more colorful marking options. On the other hand -- I only have one Re8 and preordered just two Halberstadt  :D
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 10:38:38 PM »
for me i'll get at least one of these. when WNW announced the CL.II i wanted to do a Late as Huffzky/Ehmann's ship. and of the zero Re.8s i have, i want the first one to be Pithey/Rhodes' ship.

i do find the duel depicted in this boxing quite compelling though. so maybe two.

Offline Europapete

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 03:27:32 AM »
Don't forget that Brian Fawcett does the corrected rear cockpit opening and the alternative large tail fin

Offline mgunns

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2018, 12:26:32 PM »
All that's left of Brian Fawcett resin parts on the Pheon site is the Tail fin for the RE.8.  Inventory showed 15 left.  His fuselage for the Roden Sopwith Triplane was a gem.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline mgunns

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 07:07:36 PM »
The Christmas surprise Halb/RE8 is officially released. Ready to buy at WNW site.
Now to wait for the dispatch-message.  :)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2018, 04:51:08 AM »
Anyone think we will get another, "Christmas Surprise" of something totally new between now and when WNW goes on their holiday vacation?

They've done it before, but I'm not feeling it this time around.

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 12:32:20 AM »
A DVII Trilogy seems a natural, and possibly a Sopwith Black Flight trilogy, but short of a Fokker Tripe, and two Se5as(Voss Trilogy) I don't see much new. That of course presumes a Fokker Tripe.
 Perhaps a "lineage " set? Pup, Tripe, Camel, Snipe, Dolphin? 

Offline Berman

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 01:06:24 AM »
The secret project is now revealed. It is going to be a Norman Thompson N.T.3 "Bognor Bloater" biplane.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2018, 12:33:49 AM »
A DVII Trilogy seems a natural, and possibly a Sopwith Black Flight trilogy, but short of a Fokker Tripe, and two Se5as(Voss Trilogy) I don't see much new. That of course presumes a Fokker Tripe.
 Perhaps a "lineage " set? Pup, Tripe, Camel, Snipe, Dolphin?

a new type of set would be an interesting prospect. i don't expect a D.VII Trilogy til the D.VIIs sell out, but a 56 Squadron trilogy would be spectacular. i've got the Encore McCudden and Voss boxings i think i'd put 'em all in the 'air' and paint clouds on the ceiling!

i'd love a Black Flight trilogy... though. it would also explain the curious decision to box Collishaw with N533 instead of N5490 or N5492. no one liked N533 because the weight of the additional machine gun made it handle like a brick...