Author Topic: CSM Nieuport 17 sneak peek  (Read 19488 times)

Offline rhwinter

Re: CSM Nieuport 17 sneak peek
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »
Just recieved the CSM Nieuport XVII late kit and I must say it is great!

For all of you hoping it would be WnW quality, all I can say, it is not..... it ismuch, much better!! details are fantastic and that munual... oh my, that is not only a beauty, but very, very helpfull. It may not contain pictures like WnW does, but all the diagrams and tips make it so much more modeller friendly and just overflows with love for the model and hobby from cover to cover.
If you do not already have ordered one, do so, you will not be disappionted

many, many thanks Edgar and everybody else at CSM, hoping this wil be on sale for a long time as I will want to build more of this one for sure

Hidde from Holland

I am still (patiently!) waiting for my Nieuport, but if that's true, what Hidde says (and I tend to believe him!), then I think CSM should be the one to produce the (by many of us, though not especially by me) long since hoped for new Fokker Dr.I Dreidecker in 1/32th scale!
Regards
Richard

Offline Edo

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2018, 05:34:53 AM »
my early kit was waiting for me to come back from work!!! :) ;)
it is a great kit indeed!
the packaging itself is a masterpiece: when i opened the box the “notice d’istruction” just blew my mind off!
not studied it well yet, but i can assure you it is a first class model!
i wish to thank edgard for the effort put into developing this kit, i hope more will follow!
a very happy customer!
ciao
edo

Offline Edo

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2018, 05:42:15 AM »
p.s.
on a second thought: may i say, without hurting anyone, that one doesn’t need e 1 meter wing span to make a great model?
ther are so much planes not covered yet that CSM coud have an upper hand on the market just delivering them... italian, austroungarian.... you name it.... and at reasonable prices too....

go haead cms!
ciao
edo

Online Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2018, 06:56:43 AM »
I thought I had pre-ordered a kit so didn't buy one at the SMW show in Telford.
Turns out I didn't so I've just ordered from their site.
In fact there is a photo on their Facebook page and I'm leaning over at the far end of the display, checking out the stuff with my wife checking the cost!!,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
Just placed an order for the late version , now we sit wand wait for my perisccccccce ...........

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2018, 10:28:25 PM »
I understand it will be a decal sheet to be used with the late type Nieuport kit, is this correct?
Giuseppe

Offline Edgar

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2018, 10:55:09 PM »
It means that Italian army received Nieuports later on when SPADs were all over in French escadrilles, so most of the Nieuports had number 3xxx, that is why, logically, all Nieuports had Vickers MG as the main armament, that is why you need Late Nieuport with reinforced wing and not early engine cowling to use Italian decals)

Offline mgunns

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2018, 12:42:12 PM »
I pre-ordered mine and am looking forward to receiving here in the Copper State!  Good on yer CSM!
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Online Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2018, 08:11:29 PM »
Chris Meddings is running a build log on the Copper State facebook page if your interested,

Mike

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=copper%20state%20models

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2018, 06:11:49 AM »
I got a N17 late in the mail today

A brief first impression is that I'm really quite blown away. I thought I was getting the Early but the late turned up, my wife had ordered it and my indecision must have left her confused.

The instruction manual is a work of art itself. So much detail and extra information inside its cleverly designed cover. I thought WNW instruction books were something but this is above and beyond that.

The kit parts themselves look sharp with beautiful detail and some lovely touch's that won't be seen once assembled but wow the eye.  The interior looks absolutely fantastic. the attention to detail with rigging and colour call outs is fantastic and I think a breath taking model can be built OOB to be truthful.

Decals look sharp and in register, Cartograph so not expecting any issues but something CSM has done I love the idea of is the extra serial numbers in both sizes so any number can be made with little effort. I just think it’s one of those extra special little touches.

Now I’ve fondled it I have to be strong and finish some other builds before starting but I see no reason to buy or make anything extra apart from rigging and turnbuckles.
So my opinion is that I hope my skills can do this beautiful kit Justice it deserves. I knew from the images I’d seen of the sprues online it would be nice but this is something more.  Equal if not better than WnW to be frank and honest.  I just noticed how the upper wings joining slots have been slide moulded saving that ugly seam to get rid of in most multi-section wings. I bet there is more clever touch’s I’ve not seen yet.

I said brief but… I think at first glance it’s one of the best kits I’ve had my hands on. The work research and effort CSM clearly put into this project shows and the wait has been well worth it. Thank you CSM… Now what have you got up your sleeves next for us 1/32 builders?

Keith

Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2018, 09:43:28 AM »
Thanks for the comments on your initial inspection of the Nieuport! Like you I am really looking forward to the next 1/32nd announcement!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline aliluke

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2018, 08:35:27 AM »
My late version arrived today - the box a bit battered after flying halfway round the world.  As others say it looks beautifully crafted and detailed with a very cool manual. Many of the parts are increadibly fine - assembly will need extra care! Thanks CSM - it is a winner!

The challenge for me is going to be how to paint aluminium dope on the various surfaces - fabric, plywood and metal??? But it'll be a while before I get into it so maybe some one else here will lead that process and inform me (us) during it...

Cheers
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2018, 11:44:17 AM »
Good for you guys on getting your kits . Hopeful my will be on it's way soon to its new home .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »
i pre-ordered also. one of each. looking forward to 'em but in no hurry.

i'll be needing at least 2 more of the Late, now that they're lining up decals for Fulco Ruffo di Calabria's ship and Francesco Baracca's (and they've already got a Baracca figure).

Offline Borsos

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »
Still waiting and hoping...
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.