Author Topic: Leutnant Wolf Jasta 5, Albatros D.V by WNW  (Read 6132 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Leutnant Wolf Jasta 5, Albatros D.V by WNW
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 04:06:43 AM »
That must be one of the more colourful Albatros types: you really have made a first class job of it, particularly with all of the complex markings. The extra details such as the lagging on the manifolds takes this from being a super model to an exceptional one. Many congratulations.

Stephen.
My thoughts, exactly, Gaz!  I have these markings for a 1/48 scale Alby and I will be delighted if mine turns out half as fine as yours.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 06:19:57 AM »
Great job on this Albatros, Gaz.

Bill

Thank you, Bill!

As many have stated Gaz, this is a wonderful build.  Really like all the little touches you added, they add a lot.  Congratulations.

Thank you Juan!

Just home from work and saw this one is finished. Stunning build in every respect! I really enjoyed following your processes on this one. You don't know how mny times your build inspired me to carry on with my Albatros when my Mojo was flagging  :D
RAGIII

Thank you, Rick!  Your pair of Albatrosen provided a lot of motivation to me as well.  I usually have 3 or 4 builds going at once, and sometimes it's easy for me to get hung up on a difficult step and work on something else.  But taking a look at your twin build motivated me to get back to mine.

Superb build and finish, Gaz!
Be proud!!

Cheers,
vB  ;)

Thank you Bob!

That must be one of the more colourful Albatros types: you really have made a first class job of it, particularly with all of the complex markings. The extra details such as the lagging on the manifolds takes this from being a super model to an exceptional one. Many congratulations.

Stephen.

Thank you, Stephen!  A lot of the credit for the markings goes to WnW.  They're thick enough to allow you a second chance to move them, but thin enough to sink into details.

My thoughts, exactly, Gaz!  I have these markings for a 1/48 scale Alby and I will be delighted if mine turns out half as fine as yours.
Cheers,
Bud

Thank you Bud!  I've seen your DH.9a.  I'm pretty sure your Albatros will be excellent.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline aircare84

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 07:12:20 AM »
Gaz,
Great build! Have been watching your progress.
Turned out great. Excellent paint work & decals.
Have a DVa on the bench at this time.

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 03:10:53 PM »
Gaz,
Great build! Have been watching your progress.
Turned out great. Excellent paint work & decals.
Have a DVa on the bench at this time.

Thank you!  I'm looking forward to seeing your upcoming Albatros.  I think the other two D.V's I have will be done for Jasta 23b (no pilot yet) and one of the Marinefeldjastas...  I think I have a pic somewhere.

Gaz

Offline NigelR

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 09:27:14 PM »
She looks really, really good. Very well done on this build, you should be rightfully pleased. And you had to live through a hernia op as well!

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 03:28:04 AM »

Stephen.
Cheers,
Bud

Must give a big Ditto to both of the 2 above compliments, and conveys my sentiments Exactly !!!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »
Nigel and Ed,
    Thank you both very much for your kind comments.

Gaz

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 08:05:51 AM »
Clean and crisp. Very very nice.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »
Thank you, Przemo!

Offline ModelCellar

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 09:01:27 AM »
Gaz,

Now THAT is really cool.  The blue/white checker pattern is eye catching.  An overall great finish.

Paul

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2018, 08:00:41 AM »
Great job on a complicated scheme!!

Steve

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2018, 09:11:11 AM »
Gaz,

Now THAT is really cool.  The blue/white checker pattern is eye catching.  An overall great finish.

Paul

Paul, thank you very much!  I find myself easily drawn to the more extravagant WWI schemes.

Great job on a complicated scheme!!

Steve

Steve,
    Thank you very much.  A lot of the credit goes to WnW and their excellent decals.

Gaz

Offline RUREDI

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 05:53:34 AM »
This will be by next project.  You’ve produced a really beautiful piece.  Thanks for the motivation!!!
Rick

"I do not feel that I am fighting for France alone, but for the cause of all humanity, the greatest of all causes...I pay my debt for Lafayette and Rochambeau."  Kiffin Rockwell, Lafayette Escadrille