Author Topic: Good People Don't Shoot  (Read 1674 times)

Offline GazzaS

Good People Don't Shoot
« on: May 11, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »
Hi Everyone,
   A long time ago in a book I can't remember was a German two-seater festooned with weapons.  On the fuselage had been painted "Good People Don't Shoot".  I don't remember which aircraft type it was.

Does anyone else remember the photo?  Have it in a book?  Perhaps it's online but I haven't seen it yet.

Anyone know?

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline GazzaS

Re: Good People Don't Shoot
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 07:47:02 PM »
Thanks for that! 

IN the picture I remember there is another Parabellum attached to the rear of the upper wing.  That photo is taken from the aft port quarter...

I can still see it in my mind's eye...

Gaz

Offline Petie2nd

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:06:45 PM »
In Windsock Vol.28, No.2, Ray Rimell built this Rumpler from the Wingnut kit. He used a photo from later in its career than the kit version, and updated the markings. The added MG over the top wing was actually a Lewis. The issue is still available on Windsock's site

https://www.windsockdatafilespecials.co.uk/volume-28-no2marchapril-2012-542-p.asp

Rich

Offline Berman

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »
If the wording was meant to prevent friendly fire, why was it printed in English? Maybe despite the crosses, it was intended to give the crew a second or two advantage by momentarily confusing an Allied pilot.

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
In Windsock Vol.28, No.2, Ray Rimell built this Rumpler from the Wingnut kit. He used a photo from later in its career than the kit version, and updated the markings. The added MG over the top wing was actually a Lewis. The issue is still available on Windsock's site

https://www.windsockdatafilespecials.co.uk/volume-28-no2marchapril-2012-542-p.asp

Rich

Thanks for that.  I thought the extra gun was a Lewis.