Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1  (Read 2067 times)

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1
« on: April 29, 2018, 10:18:03 AM »
As some of you may recall cancer has put my modeling on hold for a few months. I am physically able but did spend four days in the hospital recently. I’m recovering and my modeling mojo has begun peeping out. I’ve had my eye on the D.1 since it was first announced and ordered one today. I think this ugly little fighter is just what I need to pick up where I left off.

I will, slowly, begin chronicling my build in detail on my blog http://modelsinscale.wordpress.com and post some photos and brief comments here. All advice and criticism are welcome.

I’m looking forward to this kit!
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline mike in calif

Re: Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 12:58:37 AM »
I hope you continue to recover, and become cancer free, and have many more models to build. I'm thinking the D1 is a good choice: cockpit, and engine detailed to your satisfaction, and the rest a pretty straightforward build. ought to be fun to paint/weather, and BOOM, it's finished.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:46:48 AM »
The warmest good wishes for your continued recovery Michael and I endorse your choice of the Wingnuts Junkers D.l as a morale booster as you recover from your ordeal.

We look forward to following your build here as I'm sure the Junkers will appeal to many of us.

kind regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 03:00:05 PM »
Good to hear that you start modelling again, I hope you have a lot of fun with this kit and a quick recovery.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 07:05:27 AM »
Glad to hear your recovery is allowing you to think about modelling again!!

Steve

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 01:36:01 AM »
Thanks everyone for you good wishes. Not curable, but manageable. And, my D.1will arrive on Thursday so I will get a closer look this weekend.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 04:43:28 AM »
I will follow. And wish you all the best.
Ciao
Giuseppe