Author Topic: Problems posting photos with Post Image  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Problems posting photos with Post Image
« on: April 13, 2018, 02:04:56 PM »
The Post Image photo hosting site seems to be having some problems at the moment and those who use it here may notice their photos uploaded from Post Image have vanished.

This message is on the Post Image website: postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice. While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home. Please update codes embedded in your websites.

Your photos/ albums will still be on the host site but you have to go in and individually re-load them to your posts here.

I tested this by re-loading my images from the Great War Exhibition in Wellington and uploading a new post re WW1 items at the Auckland War Memorial. The photos all uploaded without an issue.

So while we wait for this to be resolved, if you want to reinstate your lost images using Post Image, you'll have to log into Post Image and manually re load each image.

Dave Wilson
Administrator

Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

Re: Problems posting photos with Post Image
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »
Thanks for the info Dave. I have gone back and restored my current Dolphin build. That being said I sure hope Post Image gets this straightened out because when Photo Bucket resorted to extortion I replaced most of my photos in all of my threads with Post Image. It was a long and trying process I don't wish to repeat  >:(

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 11:39:28 PM »
  Dave and Rick,
I found this thread over at LPS Forums. Further down the thread it mentions going to Postimg.cc for your photos. Once you're on the postimg.cc site you download / restore your photos on whatever site needed.

I followed this procedure then modified my thread here to repost my missing photos. I've taken the liberty to post a link to this thread from LPS. I hope this is acceptable.

Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

LINK:http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=74482

After Photobucket, now having problems with Postimage.  Just saw this message on their site:

"postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.

While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
Please update codes embedded in your websites."

" What Me Worry"

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 11:53:42 AM »
Thanks Gregory.

I found a shortcut on the forum here to simplify the image fix. Log on to your own posts and click the "modify" button. This brings up the screen showing the address path for your Postimage file. Change the ".org" bit to ".cc" and check the preview and your post should show up with images restored. If you are happy click 'save'. You have to do this to each file address but it's way faster than reloading every image again.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 10:25:04 PM »
I got that from following Gregorys' link. I have restored a few of my threads but I hate to think of doing all of them again. My issue is I can not figure out how to Sign up or Log In to Postimg.cc I think I will go back to Flickr for the rest of my builds  >:(
RAGIII

Offline aliluke

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »
I use Imgur which seems to work really well and hasn't given me any problems so far...
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »
   I too shifted to Imgur after being bitten by PhotoBucket; it's more user friendly, reliable, and it's free.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »
   I too shifted to Imgur after being bitten by PhotoBucket; it's more user friendly, reliable, and it's free.
Cheers,
Lance

Signed up earlier today to figure out how to post for anther member. Will use this once I get the hang of things. So far seems fairly simple, which I need  ::)
RAGIII