Author Topic: The future of the Forum  (Read 7588 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
The future of the Forum
« on: March 16, 2018, 09:36:24 PM »
Following the tragic passing of Forum founder and Administrator Des Delatorre in February, many Forum members have expressed a strong wish for the forum to continue, and be an ongoing legacy of Des' passion for WW1 modelling which has inspired so many of us.

Ownership of the Forum and Des' website WW1aircraftmodels.com has now passed to his wife Adrienne.

I'm delighted to announce that Adrienne has confirmed the website and Forum will continue under Adrienne's ownership.

She has asked me to take on the role of Forum Administrator and it's my intention to run the forum in the spirit that Des encouraged.

My wish is that we will continue to be the best and biggest family of WW1 modellers on the Net and with member numbers at 3070 now and growing, it's my hope we will ensure WW1 modelling is always to the forefront in the wider modelling hobby world.

We have some exciting things planned for the future but please bear with me as I learn this daunting new responsibility.

In the meantime, please post your builds, your build logs, your photos and share the hobby enjoyment among our members.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Forum Administrator
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

guitarlute101

Re: The future of the Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:37:52 PM »
It's in very good hands with you Dave.

Mark

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 10:26:45 PM »
Perfect!

Thank you for taking this on, Dave

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 10:38:17 PM »
Best wishes to you Dave as you take this massive task on.

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 10:48:11 PM »
My Thank You to Adrienne for keeping this site up as part of Des' legacy, and to you Dave for taking on running it. A huge task, and very much appreciated.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 10:49:50 PM »
My deepest thanks to Adrienne and to you, Dave.
Through this forum I met some new friends in real life and had a lot of nice conversations via email.
It is good to hear that it will go on.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 10:54:21 PM »
Des would be pleased as am I. Thank you for taking this on.

Steve

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 11:41:54 PM »
My sincerest thanks to Adrienne for keeping Des' legacy alive and to you Dave for taking on this major undertaking.

Offline James

The future of the Forum
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 11:46:37 PM »
Thank you, Dave. I know you will make Des proud.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 11:58:08 PM »
  Dave,
Outstanding news my old friend! Wishing Adrienne and yourself all the best. This wonderful forum and Des' legacy are in good hands.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Proudly a member of the greatest forum in the Known and Unknown Universe.
" What Me Worry"

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 12:32:20 AM »
    I'll add my pleasure to seeing confirmation of the continuance of the Forum here as well. Des established a place where sharing of mutual interests, ideas, information, and assistance has become a large part of my daily routine and no doubt I am not alone in that regard. I have gained numerous good friends I have never met other then on-line here and also some that I never would have personally met without the common interests we found here; it is the best of the many Modelling Forums available.
    My Thanks to Adrienne for her determination to keep this great initiative going and to Dave for his selfless commitment to administer the project. Here's to many more years of shared enjoyment of this unique experience and continuing it in the spirit that Des fostered and maintained.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline eclarson

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 12:41:15 AM »
Terrific news!  Many thanks to Adrienne and you, Dave, for keeping this wonderful Forum and the WWI Aircraft Models site going.   The information and support found in both sites is priceless.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 12:47:00 AM »
Dave, please convey to Adrienne our gratitude for keeping this forum alive.  We will do our best to honor Des with our posts. 
Thank you, Dave, for taking up the mantle.  If there is anything any of us can do to help, please let us know.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline krow113

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 01:10:08 AM »
Wonderful.
Thank you.

Offline kentyler

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 01:47:57 AM »
All good news. I'm a web database programmer. If you ever need anything done along those lines just let me know...glad to help out.
Ken Tyler