Author Topic: Cancer, round two  (Read 6460 times)

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
Cancer, round two
« on: January 28, 2018, 05:49:49 AM »
I learned this week that my prostate cancer has returned. Thought we’d banished it for good, but looks like the war continues and another battle has resumed. I’m told it is treatable and I’ll be commencing that soon.

While I’m on the topic, I want to send support to Des and his wife. Hang in there. You can do it.

Eindecker
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Gisbod

Re: Cancer, round two
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 06:26:02 AM »
Sorry to hear that Michael,

Best of luck in your battle..

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 06:44:25 AM »
Best luck from me as well, our support is with you Michael!

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 06:52:44 AM »
All the best to you and a successful treatment, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 07:18:28 AM »
Best wishes for your cure, get well quickly and fully.
Giuseppe

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 07:37:49 AM »
Good luck, Michael! Get well soon, we need you here.
Richard

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 09:28:20 AM »
I know just how you feel Michael,I was diagnosed again 4 years after my original surgery for bowel cancer when I thought I must be ok and another surgery later I'm off to see the surgeon yet again in 2 weeks,7 years since all this started. The great thing is yours is treatable,and that's the best thing you can hear.I wish you a fast and easy recovery.
Best regards,
Dave.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 09:37:21 AM »
All the very best of wishes for a successful and speedy recovery Michael. You'll be in my thoughts.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline eindecker

• Models In Scale
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 10:12:25 AM »
I know just how you feel Michael,I was diagnosed again 4 years after my original surgery for bowel cancer when I thought I must be ok and another surgery later I'm off to see the surgeon yet again in 2 weeks,7 years since all this started. The great thing is yours is treatable,and that's the best thing you can hear.I wish you a fast and easy recovery.
Best regards,
Dave.
That news is not what we want to hear. I’m hoping yours is treatable too. Best thoughts for you. Be tough and stay positive. I’m trying.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 01:10:44 PM »
Yes - best thoughts go out to ya both!  Just wrapped up six months of chemo myself after surgery to remove a tumor mid last year, but they found "spots" on a CT scan several weeks back and now I wait till next week to see if I have another cancer... :(
-Patrick

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »
Oh, Michael. Wish you all the best! Hope you recover quick!
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Borsos

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 11:48:27 PM »
My best wishes for a problem free recovery, Michael. Get well soon!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 08:15:13 PM »
sorry to hear, (all of you not just the OP).

my cousin's on his 4th go-round with cancer.

one thing that may be worth looking into--and the science isn't done and dusted but the evidence so far is encouraging--fasting. most types of cancer cells don't metabolize fat. so taking away glucose puts a stress on them. you won't cure cancer by fasting but it does seem to be increasing the efficacy of treatment.

researchers to look into: Thomas Seyfried, Dominic D'Agostino, Walter Longo. by now there are more.

for those of us who don't have cancer, one thing that will decrease odds of getting it is a chemical called sulforaphane. best source of it (or the components your body needs to make it, i forget) is broccoli sprouts. i have no idea if it does anything if you've already got cancer. doesn't seem to be any literature on that aspect yet. but hey, sprouting your own broccoli seeds and eatin' em isn't likely to do you any harm, so may be worth considering...

Offline ermeio

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 02:52:11 AM »
best wishes, Michel

Offline eindecker

• Models In Scale
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 03:16:26 AM »
Thank you, everyone who responded. When I first had radiation treatment four years ago I met an 80 year old woman who was on her fifth go-round. She was funny, optimistic and tough. She’s my mentor. Keep on doing what you need to do and don’t stop living your life.

A long-time friend said someone she knows who has a “PhD” in Chinese medicine (whatever that means relative to medicine - alternative facts?) who advises acupuncture and eating a lot of different Chinese mushrooms.

Sure.
Michael Scott