Author Topic: Fokker D. II (Special Hobby, 1:32)  (Read 21258 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: Fokker D. II (Special Hobby, 1:32)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 04:46:33 AM »
Sorry to read about your stress levels Andreas: I do hope that they will not last for too long. Sorry too to read that the FE 2d is on hold for the moment as I was enjoying that, but I can wait until you feel able to start again.

Looking forward to seeing this one come together: not usually one that I would be very interested in....but when a master gets going, I have to look over his shoulder!

Stephen.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 07:55:23 AM »
Hello,
thank you all for your interest and your kind words!!!
Frank, I don’t think it’s just the upscaled 1/48 kit, because as Charles already pointed out they added the seam in the sides which is missing on the 1/48 SH and the Gavia kit.
Stephen, thank you so much. The Fe2d will be finished for sure! It just needs extra care that I can’t give at the moment.

I cleaned up some parts and dry fitted the fuselage sides. The undercarriage was glued together and attached with the gelb of 0.3mm thread pins.
Now it needs cleaning up and some colors on the interior parts.

I have no idea where the kit is available besides of the SH homepage. I placed an order immediately when the “coming soon” advertisement changed into “available “...

Best regards
Borsos
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:54:37 AM by Borsos »
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline ondra

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 02:01:12 AM »
Hi Andreas,

I am also sorry to hear of your troubles. Been there too, so I keep my fingers crossed for you to recreate soon!

Looking forward to following this build!

Cheers

Ondra

Offline Borsos

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 05:09:54 AM »
Thank you very much, Ondra!

All your words proof again what a great place this is here.

Meanwhile I painted the interior. I took the opportunity to replicate the typical Fokker metal with a gel pen which worked perfectly. I cannot remember where I read this idea here on this forum, but thanks for the hint, it's really a simple technique.

For the wooden parts I switched from oils to acrylics. Worked fine too and dried within hours.

Here's a test fit of the cockpit component. I am afraid it needs some sanding to fit between the fuselage halves...

As this is a pure fun build, I thought about using the kit's Oberursel U. I. But then I changed my mind and built up a spare Oberursel from Wingnut Wings.

Now on to the seatbelts...
best regards
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline GB

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 06:10:49 AM »
Might have been my E.II buuld you saw the gel pen. Certainly makes life easier and you've done a great job.

Gary
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:34:14 PM by GB »

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 06:33:21 AM »
Magnificent start on this little beauty, Andreas!  Your nerves certainly don't show here.  I hope things settle down for you at work soon, my friend.  I can't imagine any task being too much for you to handle.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 09:13:43 AM »
Andreas,
     Great work so far, this Kit really interests me and I'm sure it won't take me long to order one! I hope this "Little Build" relaxes you a bit and provides some therapy. Take it slow and easy my friend, enjoy, and I sincerely hope you are back to normal real soon.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
Very nice work, Andreas. The seat looks great. I love your unique style of your work.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 08:48:43 PM »
Magnificent start on this little beauty, Andreas!  Your nerves certainly don't show here.  I hope things settle down for you at work soon, my friend.  I can't imagine any task being too much for you to handle.
Cheers,
Bud

I agree with Bud on ALL counts Andreas!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 09:01:08 PM »
Very nice work so far.

Lance, I ordered the kit direct from Special Hobby, with currency conversion and postage it came to AU$72.00.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2018, 02:08:33 AM »
    Thanks Des. I'll have to wait until the dust settles from my frenzied tearing of the wrapping off the WNW Dolphin that arrived a little over a week ago however watching Borsos' progress here has moved this little gem up to the top of my "next" list! Sorry to interrupt your thread here Andreas, I'll go back to admiring your progress! Great work to this point.

Cheers,
Lance

Bughunter

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »
Andreas, you made a really good progress here! In two month you should take it with you to the exhibition in FFB - as WIP or already finished, if you continue with that speed ;)
Manni is right - your style of finishing the cockpit looks good!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Twowingwilly

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 09:47:22 AM »
Thank you very much, Ondra!

All your words proof again what a great place this is here.

Meanwhile I painted the interior. I took the opportunity to replicate the typical Fokker metal with a gel pen which worked perfectly. I cannot remember where I read this idea here on this forum, but thanks for the hint, it's really a simple technique.

For the wooden parts I switched from oils to acrylics. Worked fine too and dried within hours.

Here's a test fit of the cockpit component. I am afraid it needs some sanding to fit between the fuselage halves...

As this is a pure fun build, I thought about using the kit's Oberursel U. I. But then I changed my mind and built up a spare Oberursel from Wingnut Wings.

Now on to the seatbelts...
best regards
Borsos
[/quote. We’re there any fit issues with the Wingnut engine under the cowling?  I’m working on the 1/48 B.II and the resin engine is  a tough fit.  Lots of sanding under the cowl........

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 07:19:34 AM »
Marvelous job on the cockpit and engine, borsos!

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 07:29:12 AM »
This is moving at speed Andreas, but there is no loss of quality as a result. The interior is amazing - I wish that I could replicate some of that in God's Own Scale, but I think that the pen tip might be too thick. Will continue to follow as and when time allows over the next two weeks: I am going to be doing a lot of travelling!

Stephen.