Author Topic: DFW 28 Floh//Eduard//1:48  (Read 4886 times)

Online KrzysiekK

DFW 28 Floh//Eduard//1:48
« on: July 15, 2017, 07:14:03 AM »
Hello,

That will be my last approach to old Eduard’s kits..some of them are still in stash but I would rather go for longer brake.
Let me present  tiny, little, bizarre plane, which represents the engineering attempts to improve the flight characteristics mostly the speed. Despite the first promising test results project was finally abandoned due to prototype damage resulted from difficult landing characteristics.
First NOT- promising inbox.

regards
K

Bughunter

Re: DFW 28 Floh//Eduard//1:48
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 07:45:44 AM »
Oh, I will follow for sure!
This model was my first serious plastic model two years ago and the start of a 1/48 series 2015.

Its a nice kit somehow. On the left upper wing you can add a cooler on up and down side. This was missing in the kit.

Its a nice kit somehow. I think about rework the rigging to my actual standard and adding a wooden Axial air screw.

Good luck!
Frank

Online KrzysiekK

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:19:48 PM »
On the left upper wing you can add a cooler on up and down side. This was missing in the kit.
Thanks for the support! BTW. Where did you get those? Was it self-made or taken from diff kit? In meantime I added exhaust pipes and did some drilling..

regards
K

Bughunter

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
I used some PE from a Eduard kit for a Albatros, if I'm remember right. The size of PE was modified according to the drawing of the nice Windsock mini Datafile for the Floh.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:12:49 PM »
Looking great K!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 12:48:09 AM »
Great start K, looking forward to your progress.

Offline kuya

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 06:25:36 AM »
This should be interesting

Offline Sarcococca

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 10:16:55 PM »
Looks fine so far. Very nice details.
I hope Eduard will rerelease this kit in future. It looks funny, like an eggplane!

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:44:43 AM »
I do like the odd and unusual - the Floh was both. You have got off to a really good start - never mind that the kit is not the best because the finished model looks as though it is going to be.

Stephen.

Offline xmald

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 06:11:14 PM »
Looks like you`re going to have a lot of fun building this "blob"  ;)
I`m sure you`ll turn it into a great looking model.
Best regards
Filip

Online KrzysiekK

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »
yes, I do have lot of fun  with this build as Floh is so tiny that I can easily operate on by small workbench  ;D One can say that I even reached the kind of ORDER on my desk which my wife can  confirm  ;D
Getting back..
The interior is almost done. I have noticed the lack of air pump, which is going to be provided from PE part. As it is always a possibility to enhence the final outcome I have added the cushion & magneto (PE was too flat)

regards
K

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 01:16:41 AM »
Dear K, as you certainly know others, including myself, have built this ugly but interesting Flea on this forum so you'll find a lot of inspiration around...
I like very much the work you did so far, I built exactly the same kit... and had the same fun building it!

I did not use the photoetched inner framing they were flat and I did not like them, I glued some square section rods directly in the cockpit sides. But your cockpit looks great as well and you mastered those thin brass elements very well!

Antonio

Offline xmald

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 03:36:15 AM »
I really like the woodgrain but I would follow Andonio`s  advice and replace the PE framing to make it more three dimensional...
Best regards
Filip

Online KrzysiekK

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 05:57:12 AM »
Thanks guys for all comments and hints, but let me express my decision to dismiss additional workload, which deals with the building 3d frame outlook. The hatch is really small and almost nth is visible after putting parts together thus I decided not to go into this direction. Sorry I am too lazy :)
ref the progress done. I did primer work and started some paint softening on wings

and little puzzle at the end :) what plane I will “try” to represent after the  assembly?

regards
K

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »
Your interior and work on the wings looks excellent! You are making great progress.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler