Author Topic: WNW Camel at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show  (Read 12095 times)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: WNW Camel at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2016, 07:57:00 AM »
I'm in for one. Be rude not too!

von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2016, 09:07:14 AM »
No negativity from me, will definitely get this.
One of them at least - there have got to be several boxings, surely?
But maybe, as with the D.VII, they won't all be available at once.; I (naively) hope they'll give us some idea about future variations when the first Camel is released.
Another reason not to jump in straightaway is that I very much hope Pheon have some fab alternative decals lined up(?).

Mark

I am with you on the decals! I will buy a couple of Camels. One for 43 squadron and one for the 185th USAS. Just need decals for the specific unit and personal markings and serial numbers.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
No negativity from me, will definitely get this.
One of them at least - there have got to be several boxings, surely?
But maybe, as with the D.VII, they won't all be available at once.; I (naively) hope they'll give us some idea about future variations when the first Camel is released.
Another reason not to jump in straightaway is that I very much hope Pheon have some fab alternative decals lined up(?).

Mark

I am with you on the decals! I will buy a couple of Camels. One for 43 squadron and one for the 185th USAS. Just need decals for the specific unit and personal markings and serial numbers.
RAGIII

Yess, USAS versions too, please!

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 08:21:47 AM »
Now posted on the Wingnuts website regarding the Camel release - Still expected in late 2016, very late 2016.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2016, 08:51:49 AM »
Hopefully with enough time for Santa to deliver   ;)

Offline Russell

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2016, 08:52:16 AM »
Now posted on the Wingnuts website regarding the Camel release - Still expected in late 2016, very late 2016.

Des.

So lets say mid-summer 2017 then?  ;)

Offline petrov27

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2016, 11:10:36 AM »
Hmmn. Trying hard to get excited about the Camel here - I likely will buy one to support the cause and I do hope they sell a million of them to fund other release though.

Still hoping for maybe a surprise release for the holidays or at least some small news from them about their future releases - any news at all would be so appreciated - the news for the last year seems only about price increases and shipping costs which is not terribly encouraging....
-Patrick

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
It will come out for Christmas but too late get get delivered under the Tree.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline campingbaer66

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2016, 01:39:46 AM »
Hmmm , I‘m slowly but continously getting tired of looking every few days on their website if there is something new.
This is what I did since the last new release in November 2015 with the Albatros BII that I ordered the same day.

I have really tried to get excited by the Camel , but having the Snipe early in stash ( beside 20 other WNW kits ) it seems to me nothing I really need. Maybe I buy one just because it's WNW to support them.

But I guess it would be very disappointing to me if there is nothing more interesting to come from them in the whole year 2016.
So maybe it's time after having build only WNW kits the last 2 years ( 12 of them in that time , including the great Felixstowe kit ) to look for something different. Maybe WW2 again , Tamiya have some nice kits in 1/32 and they are playing in the same quality and price range as WNW.

Peter

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2016, 02:03:47 AM »
Switch to Roden for some good interim-builds? I do.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2016, 04:49:34 AM »

Me too! Their Kits are pretty good, IMO certainly the best overall after the "untouchable" Wingnut Wings offerings. I enjoy them, as well as some of the others (Hobby Craft for example) for the opportunity to add some scratch built features, and get back to a little basic modelling. Not the least of reasons to venture away from Wingnuts on occasion is the unique subjects offered elsewhere, like the Siemens Schuckert or Nieuport 28. The WWI 1:32 field offers a pretty impressive inventory of subjects presently, years of building, and anything new is pure gravy! :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2016, 06:20:42 AM »

Me too! Their Kits are pretty good, IMO certainly the best overall after the "untouchable" Wingnut Wings offerings. I enjoy them, as well as some of the others (Hobby Craft for example) for the opportunity to add some scratch built features, and get back to a little basic modelling. Not the least of reasons to venture away from Wingnuts on occasion is the unique subjects offered elsewhere, like the Siemens Schuckert or Nieuport 28. The WWI 1:32 field offers a pretty impressive inventory of subjects presently, years of building, and anything new is pure gravy! :)
Cheers,
Lance

I agree fully with what has been said here, I have built all of the Roden 1:32 scale WW1 aircraft kits and found them to be pretty good, some were a challenge but isn't that what modeling is all about. Academy, Hobbycraft, Special Hobby, Avis, Battle Axe and more all offer WW1 kits. For a cheaper alternative and a kit that needs a bit of TLC all these other kits are a great stop-gap for those who are hanging out waiting for a new Wingnuts release.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2016, 06:48:09 AM »
Des, you're right.  I'm looking forward to the Camel because it's a significant aircraft in the history of WWI.  But I have dredged up my Roden Nieuport 27 simply to have a little fun figuring out the eccentricities of the kit.  I also needed an incentive to get my "mojo" back.  I appreciate the work which WNW puts into their product but if I wait around I won't get anything done.  What makes Roden kits a bit more challenging are the instructions, which can be sometimes hard to figure out.  Well, the Nieuport has been fun so far!

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2016, 05:37:44 AM »
The Camel's history now online on WnW's Website:
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3150

Offline markleecarter

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 07:21:56 AM »
Some really interesting archive photos there! I especially like the camel salvage yard!