Author Topic: WNW Camel at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show  (Read 12014 times)

WarrenD

WNW Camel at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show
« on: September 25, 2016, 10:26:31 AM »
WNW had their Camel on display at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show.  Here's the HLJ report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFumR3EUp6w&feature=youtu.be

The WNW Camel coverage begins at 20:53

Just thought you large scale guys would like this.

OH, BTW, they also had some nice stuff from Copper State on display too.

FWIW,

Warren

Offline Thumbs up

Re: WNW Camel at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 06:01:50 PM »
Nice one Warren!

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 08:59:06 PM »
Thanks Warren

It''s a shame that when some of the new model cars, motor bikes etc are so beautifully presented, the WNW Camel looks rather forlorn with the front port interplane strut missing.

Nevertheless, the CSM 1/48 Caudron which comes at the end of the shoot looks magnificent.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 09:38:30 PM »
Thanks Warren for the link, some really exciting looking models shown there but shame about the Wingnuts Camel, what a let down.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 10:02:43 PM »
Thank you for posting this! The Caudron G iV looks exciting  :)!!!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

WarrenD

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
OK, so it wasn't just me then, was it?  Now, I know WNW isn't Tamiya, Hasegawa, etc. but there were some pretty small companies there putting their products forward in a very positive manner.  (Like some of you, that Caudron was something I want, but in 1/72nd.)

It was almost like they decided to attend as an afterthought and just took an overnight bag.

I dunno,

Warren

PS: It looks to be a great time to be a ship modeler. When I was a kid, I dreamed of a 1/32 B-17. Now that they make one, I've got no room for it.

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 12:26:38 AM »
Thanks Warren.  Poor old Camel, must have been someone with heavy fingers!  The Copper State items were spectacular.  The Caudron.....must have, must have, must have.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 12:56:29 AM »
    Not a great effort to showcase their first release (still pending) in such a long time. It appears rather "plain" to me as well, not the eye catching crisp detail we saw with similar coverage of the Snipe for example. :-\ I hope the final product comes off a little bit better. On the other hand Copper State looks great!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 01:20:23 AM »
Maybe we will see the Camel sometime in Nov . I say the 16 of Nov  it will get released just in time for the Christmas season .  I'm surprised that they didn't fix the strut  :o Other then that she looks good . Cockpit is nicely detailed .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 05:01:52 AM »
    Not a great effort to showcase their first release (still pending) in such a long time. It appears rather "plain" to me as well, not the eye catching crisp detail we saw with similar coverage of the Snipe for example. :-\ I hope the final product comes off a little bit better. On the other hand Copper State looks great!
Cheers,
Lance

A shame about the missing strut. Perhaps it was too broken in transit to replace or lost altogether. This si the same "Test" assembly that has been up on their site for a while. It sys Second Test Assembly and that the final product will differ.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 09:26:20 AM »
I thought by now they would have had a nicely built and painted  model to display... A rather forlorn battered example instead.

What did excite me more was Copper States bits for the old venerable 1/28th kits, life in the old dogs yet. (like me... some days lol). Would be nice if they offered an upscaled one for the Merit Driedecker though too.

K
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline macsporran

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 05:28:20 PM »
I thought by now they would have had a nicely built and painted  model to display... A rather forlorn battered example instead.
I wonder if perhaps there are few staff left to implement this. We know that Dave has been transferred over to Weta and the last corporate picture showed PJ with only three or four people. They've hinted in the past that most staff were on freelance contracts.
This would help explain the sometime/never release policy on the Camel.

BTW thanks Warren for the link, Copper State looks like the most dedicated wwi manufacturer now, very tempted to to revert to 1/48 for that Dolphin!
S

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 02:48:27 AM »

BTW thanks Warren for the link, Copper State looks like the most dedicated wwi manufacturer now, very tempted to to revert to 1/48 for that Dolphin!
S
I agree, Sandy.  Looks like Copper State is the new King of WWI aircraft models.
Thanks for posting this, Warren.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline campingbaer66

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »
As long as they don't produce full model kits in 1/32 I don't see that , 1/48 is too tiny for me.

But their Cauldon is really exciting to me , would like to see that in 1/32 from WnW.

So let's hope for WnW's anual Christmas special .......

Peter

[/quote]
I agree, Sandy.  Looks like Copper State is the new King of WWI aircraft models.
Thanks for posting this, Warren.
Cheers,
Bud
[/quote]

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 06:34:35 PM »
I'm sure WNW will do us proud.
We're incredibly lucky to have them IMHO. If it were not for Sir Peter's passion we would still be working with Roden's soft plastic, which although no bad thing, their kits cannot compare to what's coming out of New Zealand.

I'm a patient man. The Camel will arrive and others will follow.

Congrats must go to CSM. You guys are providing us with some great releases  -- Well done!!

Von Nutter  :) :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith