Author Topic: Tamiya  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Tamiya
« on: September 23, 2016, 09:47:12 AM »
This might not be new to some of you guy's but it is to me . The Hobby shop has started bring in Tamiya's brand of decal setting solutions . Mark fit and Mark fit strong for those stubborn ones . They also have Decal adhesive ( glue) for the ones which won't stick . They also came out with a different extra thin . Extra Thin Quick Setting . It's cap is light green , lighter then the regular extra thin . I must say after trying it , it is very quick setting . Make sure things are lined up before applying the glue . I also tried out the decal glue and it's not bad . Haven't tried the setting solutions yet . Has anyone here tried them yet ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ModelingBob

Re: Tamiya
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »
I've got the Mark Fit Strong. It works pretty good on Hasegawa and Tamiya decals.

Offline nichenson

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 01:35:07 PM »
If it works on Tamiya decals, it will work on the Wingnut decals too as they both use Cartograf.

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »
Interesting, I only (relatively) recently started using Tamiya extra thin after using Humbrols liquid for what seems forever but they changed the make up and it was awful. Have to say the Tamiya impresses so will watch for the new stuff as it sounds very handy.  The decal adhesive sounds like a must buy too

Thanks for the heads up Terri

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 07:22:50 PM »
Thanks Terri...I'm going to give that Quick Setting Cement a try. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 08:56:38 PM »
Thanks, Terri. I always like to give new Tamiya products like this a go.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 09:06:31 PM »
Other than sitting out in the middle of a field whilst gluing parts, has anyone come up with a good way of reducing the smell of Tamiya thin cement whilst indoors?

Von xtraFat

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 09:56:44 PM »
Other than sitting out in the middle of a field whilst gluing parts, has anyone come up with a good way of reducing the smell of Tamiya thin cement whilst indoors?

Von xtraFat
Grins in a stupified way "Huh I axuwally kwite li.....  smell... oooh lovely spinny feeling!!"    ;D
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 10:47:42 PM »
Which Shop Terri? I know you use Comex Hobbies at Kingsway as you've mentioned it before, and I'm about due for the semi annual "supply run". My Micro decal products are getting a little "dated" and the Tamiya stuff sounds pretty tempting.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 08:55:31 AM »
You are welcome guys .

Lance , yes I used to go Comex Hobby in Kingsway Mall , but I really don't go there anymore . The paint selection is worse to what it was before , the racks are very empty . He won't order ideas in for you either saying that the shipping is to expensive . He mostly carries airsoft and anime stuff .

I go to Hobby Wholesales on 63 ave and gateway blvd . Awesome shop ! He carries the full line of Tamiya paints as well as Vallejo including the air and for the gamers . Every three weeks they have an order come in . So if you do order something you are not waiting months for it. Very fair princing on their products and they do ship !

hobbywholesales.com is the web addie

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 12:07:30 PM »
Thanks Terri, I was going to ask you about Hobby Wholesale. I've heard nothing but praise from fellow Modellers here and have a gift certificate, so I guess it's time I dropped in! The smaller shops get worse and disappear as on line trade becomes more popular, it's hard to find good first hand shopping anymore.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 11:54:01 PM »
Yes , do drop in there . Every time I go in I'm in there for a good hour and half looking around . They also carry those Takom WW 1 tank kits as well as Meng !  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline jknaus

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 02:46:59 AM »
Thanks Terri, I was going to ask you about Hobby Wholesale. I've heard nothing but praise from fellow Modellers here and have a gift certificate, so I guess it's time I dropped in! The smaller shops get worse and disappear as on line trade becomes more popular, it's hard to find good first hand shopping anymore.
Cheers,
Lance

Hey Lance, maybe if you think about it you could pick me up a bottle of each and I can pay you at one of the meetings? Not sure when I will get down there and I'm kind of interested in trying these. If not no probs, will try and make a run before years end.
James

Offline jknaus

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 02:49:33 AM »
Thanks Terri. Be interesting to give these a try. I use the green cap a lot, and my Gunze decal setter is old and almost gone.
Does Kingsway have anything any more? There was a fellow there who kept it well stocked with kits and extras, but when he left it just seemed to become more toys than models.
James

Offline Derrick

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 02:52:28 AM »
I will have a look at this website as well. Hard to find online Canadian shops. I have been mostly using Elm City Hobbies for stuff as well as Amazon.ca. The local hobby store had gotten in the Vallejo lines but has never restocked, mostly catering to the RC crowd. Living in a small town, I am pretty much totally dependent on the internet to get stuff for my addiction ... I mean hobby.

Speaking of decal solutions , has anyone tried the Vallejo ? How does the Tamiya solutions compare to Micro Sol and Set. I think I will at least get the decal adhesive, just in case for old decals. The Tamiya glue does smell, but I don't notice it much as I usually put the cap on soon after I am done gluing.