Author Topic: Tamiya  (Read 2403 times)

Offline JiffyJDavies

Re: Tamiya
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 04:32:39 AM »
Other than sitting out in the middle of a field whilst gluing parts, has anyone come up with a good way of reducing the smell of Tamiya thin cement whilst indoors?

Von xtraFat

Have you tried Tamiya Limonene Extra Thin?

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »
Thanks Terri. Be interesting to give these a try. I use the green cap a lot, and my Gunze decal setter is old and almost gone.
Does Kingsway have anything any more? There was a fellow there who kept it well stocked with kits and extras, but when he left it just seemed to become more toys than models.
James

Hi James , No Kingsway doesn't have anything any more . When Cory was there I didn't have any trouble with him ordering items in and it was well stocked  . Since his departure it hasn't been the same since . It is more toys now then anything else . So I just stop going there now . Just not worth the trip .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 10:32:38 AM »
I will have a look at this website as well. Hard to find online Canadian shops. I have been mostly using Elm City Hobbies for stuff as well as Amazon.ca. The local hobby store had gotten in the Vallejo lines but has never restocked, mostly catering to the RC crowd. Living in a small town, I am pretty much totally dependent on the internet to get stuff for my addiction ... I mean hobby.

Speaking of decal solutions , has anyone tried the Vallejo ? How does the Tamiya solutions compare to Micro Sol and Set. I think I will at least get the decal adhesive, just in case for old decals. The Tamiya glue does smell, but I don't notice it much as I usually put the cap on soon after I am done gluing.

It is hard finding online Canadian shops . I do order lots through Ultracast in Ontario and they do carry some WW 1 stuff . I have seen the Vallejo setting solutions but I haven't tried them yet . Would like to know myself so far I'm impressed with their paints and just  started using their clear coats , just don't lay them on think . A little goes along ways .  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .