Author Topic: Encore Fokker F1 103/17 Triplane and WNW SE5a (Duel) build: Plus MvR Dr1  (Read 105775 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Good on you Rick; with a little more effort I believe this one will be just fine. Looking good so far!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

Great news Rick. I am so pleased that you have not given up on this one - you had taken it so far so well that it would have been a shame not to try a recovery. I am sure that you will pull it off and am looking forward to seeing it completed.

Stephen.

Online petrov27

excellent - glad to see this one having repairs made and back underway....
-Patrick

Offline dr 1 ace

As is said, ...don't give up the ship... , press on Amigo !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline RAGIII

Thanks to all! I am about to begin the re paint, perhaps tomorrow.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
It cheers my heart to see this one back in the shop, all the best for Round Two!

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
As is said, ...don't give up the ship... , press on Amigo !

Ed
I believe Ed is 100% correct my old friend. Besides I know that if anyone can pull off a flawless rehab. you can. Looking forward to seeing the rebirth!
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Adam

I believe you can do it.

Adam.

Offline ondra

Glad to see her back on the workbench, you definitely possess the skills to achieve a successful resurrection. ;)

Cheers

Ondra

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Rick, my notifications must have been turned off or something because I never saw the final posts on the SE5a or the F.I!  Sorry I missed them, Amigo.  I saw them on facebook, but not here.  They are both extraordinary models,  superbly constructed and finished and historically accurate, in my opinion.
Cheers,
Bud

PS-Glad to see you back on 425/17.  I think that's the best looking red I've seen to date.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Syd Solo

Rick, your research, modelling skills and sheer stamina have resulted in three most authentic and impressively realistic models.
I think your F.1 is the most convincing yet of all representations of the contentious Voss scheme. I also agree with Bud that the red on 425/17 is spot on, too.

Cheers

Syd

Offline RAGIII

Thanks again to all! I have yet to re paint DR1 425/17. I got caught up with Fokker EVs'
RAGIII
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:45:42 PM by RAGIII »

Offline RAGIII

The repaint has started. Now I just need to work on making this something other than just another red triplane! Probably will play with oils to dirty it up a bit.
RAGIII

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:46:10 PM by RAGIII »

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Wow Rick, looking great, really happy you decided to revisit this kit.  Absolutely looking forward to your treatment on this red beauty.   ;D

Offline Alpha Delta 210

I love the SE5a and the colour on the Triplane looks great. I look forward to seeing the next instalment.