Author Topic: Encore Fokker F1 103/17 Triplane and WNW SE5a (Duel) build: Plus MvR Dr1  (Read 106944 times)

Online RAGIII

Re: Encore Fokker F1 103/17 Triplane and WNW SE5a (Duel) build: Plus MvR Dr1
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2017, 08:16:48 AM »
Looking forward to the updates, mate. ;)

Here is a teaser Ondra:

RAGIII

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:39:54 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2017, 08:37:33 AM »
thats one mutha fokker of a triplane rick. very nice streaking, and overall a great looking model. the se5a is looking quite nice as well.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2017, 08:41:42 AM »
thats one mutha fokker of a triplane rick. very nice streaking, and overall a great looking model. the se5a is looking quite nice as well.

Thanks for the comment! I now have to give the BAD NEWS! The MvR Triplane is destined for the Hall of Shame. I was spraying the Drooling Bull Dog Kraplac and everything was fine until I noticed a leak from my jar had dripped profusely on to the fuselage side. I tried cleaning up locally but found the more I tried the worse things got so I began stripping. A couple of days ago I went into the Model Room and set my coffee Mug on the desk...sort of. It fell and landed on the MvR Triplane breaking a wing tie and totally destroying the very rare decals and a couple of WNW Pfalz DIIIa decal sheets as well. This one is benched , perhaps forever.

RAGIII

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:40:54 PM by RAGIII »

Offline aliluke

« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »
Now I get your post on my Sopwith wing stuff up! What a bugger given the great work to date. Sympathies...

Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #304 on: April 02, 2017, 11:23:29 AM »
Sorry about the mishap Rick, but two others still going strong.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #305 on: April 02, 2017, 03:35:55 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Especially the coffee accident. I remember me ruining an almost finished model with a jar of Vallejo paint. I squeezed it and didn't stop as I knew that there was still some color in it. It was, plenty of, that covered all my painting place, the model and the wall behind. The wall still has these black speckles as a kind of memento... What I want to say: We all did such things - or: such things happened to all of us... Maybe that helps a little.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #306 on: April 03, 2017, 11:17:58 PM »
Thanks for all of the positive feedback on my very preventable accident. Here is one more photo showing the sheared wing tie better.

RAGIII
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:41:26 PM by RAGIII »

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #307 on: April 04, 2017, 04:53:51 AM »
Pin it?

Steve

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #308 on: April 04, 2017, 05:23:07 AM »
Not all is lost...

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #309 on: April 04, 2017, 08:02:37 AM »
That is really sad news after all that effort Rick. As others have written some of us have been there too but that is no consolation to you. Steve's idea of pinning sounds fine but what about the tail? Can that be replaced?

I wish you the best of luck and hope you make the right decision. Still looking forward to seeing the results of your other builds.

Stephen.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #310 on: April 04, 2017, 08:13:52 AM »
Thanks again for the comments and suggestions. The painting mishap and breaking the strut were bad enough, but the hot coffee ruining the entire Cutting Edge Decal sheet took the wind out of my sails for this one.
RAGIII

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #311 on: April 04, 2017, 12:45:00 PM »
Thanks again for the comments and suggestions. The painting mishap and breaking the strut were bad enough, but the hot coffee ruining the entire Cutting Edge Decal sheet took the wind out of my sails for this one.
RAGIII

Perfectly understandable !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2017, 02:34:25 AM »
RAGIII

Perfectly understandable !

Ed

Ditto to Ed's comment.

Stephen.

Offline Monty

« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2017, 04:01:45 AM »
Hi Rick, I'm really sorry about this Triplane - it was shaping up beautifully. But every now and then there is a model that just isn't going to make it and we have to think of it as a learning experience - well, we all learned a lot from it too! There will be other (and better) models in the future - we can wait! Regards, Marc.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2017, 05:26:28 AM »
Hi Rick, I'm really sorry about this Triplane - it was shaping up beautifully. But every now and then there is a model that just isn't going to make it and we have to think of it as a learning experience - well, we all learned a lot from it too! There will be other (and better) models in the future - we can wait! Regards, Marc.

Thanks for the comments! I have not forsaken the other builds. I have sprayed the final dull coat and semi gloss on the SE5a and F1. While doing so I noticed that one of the double rigging wires had popped loose. SO I had to remove and re drill, then attach a new wire. Some debris from the process that needs to be cleaned off and touched up is visible in the photos. I also added the Lewis MG and prop Just need to rig the tail feathers, controls, and the bracing between the interplanes on the SE, and the landing gear bracing wires, prop, and aileron/ rudder/ elevator control cables on the F1.
RAGIII

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:42:46 PM by RAGIII »