Author Topic: Encore Fokker F1 103/17 Triplane and WNW SE5a (Duel) build: Plus MvR Dr1  (Read 105796 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Encore Fokker Triplane and WNW SE5a Dual build
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 11:31:12 PM »
Heya - just IM me your address and I will send over the Rhys David markings from the Pheon set (assuming I still have them - I am away from home this week but will be able to confirm this weekend - about 90% sure I do have them....)

Great choices to build - I have the Encore DrI also well underway for MvR's 425/17 but was holding off to see if maybe some additional aftermarket might appear :)

-Patrick

Well Patrick if you are doing 425/17 perhaps I should choose 152/17. The Drooling Bulldog Kraplak paint should look pretty awesome over the streaked finish. Thanks for offering the Rhys Davids Markings. If you have them that would be terrific! I will PM you soon. !
RAGIII

Looks great, Rick.  Nice combo.

Drew

Thanks Drew!
RAGIII

PS: In a perfect world I was supposed to start my vacation last week and attend the IPMS Nats. The Boss had to change my week due to another Assistant Manager leaving unexpectedly! I lost $200.00 and change on a NON REFUNDABLE Hotel room  >:(
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:44:33 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 05:12:33 AM »
Rick, this is super!  I am going to enjoy the dual build, my friend...I have a SE5 in
the stash and will be a very interested in that one. Of course what's not to like with
the tripe? ;)
Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 07:58:37 AM »
Hi Rick - I'm a little late as usual but keen to see what you get up to with two on the go at once (phew!)

I'll be watching from now on - vested interest you see as the SE5a is probably going to be my next build (and my first WnW)  ;)

Does the Encore Dr1 have anything in common with the Roden kit eg same tooling etc? Is one better than the other?

Regards - Tug

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 10:34:29 AM »
Goodie, another Dual Build !!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »
Hi Rick - I'm a little late as usual but keen to see what you get up to with two on the go at once (phew!)

I'll be watching from now on - vested interest you see as the SE5a is probably going to be my next build (and my first WnW)  ;)

Does the Encore Dr1 have anything in common with the Roden kit eg same tooling etc? Is one better than the other?

Regards - Tug

Tug,
The Encore kit is the Roden kit with resin, PE, and decals added. The PE is by Eduard. It also includes a Werner Voss figure. It is certainly worth picking up if you get the chance.
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 11:03:08 AM »
Goodie, another Dual Build !!

Ed

Great to have you with me on this one Amigo.
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 03:06:58 AM »
I have begun to play with the wood tones on the fuselage, flooring, and bulkheads. I am using the Windsor Newton Acryl oils. The properties are a lot different than I am used to even to color intensity. The photos show the colors a little different than what I see in person. Probably another issue with Camera settings  ::)
RAGIII

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:01:22 PM by RAGIII »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 04:56:48 PM »
Very nice wooden tone, Rick, really a joy to watch! I don't know, how it looks in reality, but the pictures look awesome!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 12:01:41 AM »
Very nice wooden tone, Rick, really a joy to watch! I don't know, how it looks in reality, but the pictures look awesome!
Borsos

Thanks for looking in. I appreciate the comments.
RAGIII

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 12:13:24 AM »
Nice woodwork on the SE Rick.  I agree with Borsos...it looks really good on
this end.  Great start, my friend.

Cheers,
The new old guy, take two...

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2016, 03:08:09 AM »
Rick,
I find trying to get wood tones looking completely like wood a real trial, even with oils, but I think that you have achieved shades that look realistic enough. These will also not be seen in the full glare of light either so if it were my model I would go with what you have achieved. They certainly look a good deal better than enamels which I frequently use for interiors.

Stephen.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2016, 03:19:14 AM »
 Rick,
Outstanding wood work my old friend. Very realistic tones! Keep up the high excellence Rick.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 08:03:32 AM »
Thanks Rick - I've 'looked around' -Hannants, Ebay but so far no luck. I think I'll go for the Roden version at some stage.

Nice work on the internals - still don't know how you can deal with two at once  :o

Looking forwards to seeing more progress - Tug

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 02:21:23 PM »
Nice woodwork on the SE Rick.  I agree with Borsos...it looks really good on
this end.  Great start, my friend.

Cheers,

Thanks again Ernie  ;D
RAGIII

Rick,
I find trying to get wood tones looking completely like wood a real trial, even with oils, but I think that you have achieved shades that look realistic enough. These will also not be seen in the full glare of light either so if it were my model I would go with what you have achieved. They certainly look a good deal better than enamels which I frequently use for interiors.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. The wood effect actually looks pretty good when everything is closed up.
RAGIII

Rick,
Outstanding wood work my old friend. Very realistic tones! Keep up the high excellence Rick.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Thanks Gregory, greatly appreciated.
RAGIII

Thanks Rick - I've 'looked around' -Hannants, Ebay but so far no luck. I think I'll go for the Roden version at some stage.

Nice work on the internals - still don't know how you can deal with two at once  :o

Looking forwards to seeing more progress - Tug

Tug,
The main advantage to the Encore kit is that it came with all of the extras included. The Roden kit is the same you just need to purchase the PE and Aviattic makes some good resin parts like a seat and cowling.
RAGIII

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 09:12:56 PM »
Thanks Rick - I'll keep looking - at your thread and for a kit  :D

Regards - Tug