Author Topic: Encore Fokker F1 103/17 Triplane and WNW SE5a (Duel) build: Plus MvR Dr1  (Read 105779 times)

Offline RAGIII

Well you all knew I would have to do another dual build...right? So I am posting the very basic beginnings of the next two. I am building the Encore F1 as a Dr1 as flown by MvR. ( Still undecided as to whether it will be the all red 425/17 or the streaked and partial red 152/17) The second kit is the WNW SE5a Hisso. I will finish this one in 56 sq. Markings. Not sure which pilot/scheme yet. So here are the initial photos:

RAGIII

I sanded away the molded on bracing wires on the SE fuselage halves and will replace with stretched sprue wires.

I have moved and carved out the inspection panel on the upper wing of the Dr1..

By the way, As for the sanding of the bracing wires on the SE, I am only replacing those that are really visible when the fuselage is closed!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:59:56 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Encore Fokker Triplane and WNW SE5a Dual build
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 01:17:55 AM »
    Nice choice of subjects for a double build, Rick. I have a Roden DR.1 done as 152/17 and a stashed Wingnuts SE5a to do in 56 Sqn colours as Rhys David's B 525. I'm seriously considering a dual project with that and Encore's F1 in the Voss scheme after following along on your last dual project. Thanks Buddy, this will probably tip me right over the edge! Looking much forward to following your progress.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 03:13:42 AM »
Looking forward to following these too. How you can build two at once is something I cannot comprehend - I would never get one finished if I were to build two together.

Stephen

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 06:39:58 AM »
This will be a fun build build to watch!
Popcorn at the ready.

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 07:25:15 AM »
This will be an excellent project to follow, looking forward to seeing more.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 07:45:28 AM »
Oh what an exciting project, this time I'll follow from the beginning  :)
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 08:18:03 AM »
Great start on what promises to be another awesome project, Amigo!  You know I'm a big fan of the dual build and, like the Salmson/Pfalz, this will be fun to follow.
Cheers,
bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 08:30:25 AM »
    Nice choice of subjects for a double build, Rick. I have a Roden DR.1 done as 152/17 and a stashed Wingnuts SE5a to do in 56 Sqn colours as Rhys David's B 525. I'm seriously considering a dual project with that and Encore's F1 in the Voss scheme after following along on your last dual project. Thanks Buddy, this will probably tip me right over the edge! Looking much forward to following your progress.
Cheers,
LanceI

Thanks Lance. I would actually love to do Rhys David's bird but I missed out on Pheons SE5a sheet(Sold Out long ago!)
RAGIII

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:39:05 AM by RAGIII »

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 08:48:42 AM »
Cheers,
LanceI

Thanks Lance. I would actually love to do Rhys David's bird but I missed out on Pheons SE5a sheet(Sold Out long ago!)
RAGIII

Rick,
   Yes, that Sheet, like all of Rowan's, has more then a few subjects I'd love to do. I've used it for one of McCudden's, have given a few bits away to help out a Member of this Forum, and will be doing B 525 with it, talk about "bang for your buck"!!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 10:20:57 AM »
Looking forward on following along on your builds Rick  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
This will be intresting. I will follow this build.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 06:07:40 AM »
  Rick,
Man I'm looking forward to following this latest project my old friend. As for color schemes for the Tripe I'd love to see how you handle the streaking on the 152/17 ship.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 07:34:05 AM »
Thanks to all for the encouraging comments! These will hopefully be pretty straight forward builds. I start a 10 vacation tomorrow and should make some progress on both.
RAGIII

Offline petrov27

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 08:47:27 AM »
Heya - just IM me your address and I will send over the Rhys David markings from the Pheon set (assuming I still have them - I am away from home this week but will be able to confirm this weekend - about 90% sure I do have them....)

Great choices to build - I have the Encore DrI also well underway for MvR's 425/17 but was holding off to see if maybe some additional aftermarket might appear :)

-Patrick
-Patrick

Offline dtomko

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »
Looks great, Rick.  Nice combo.

Drew