Author Topic: Who's going to Telford this year?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Who's going to Telford this year?
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:54:37 AM »
I know I've been talking about going to Telford for the past couple years, but that particular luxury has always been contingent on selling our house in Montana.  Well, we are finally in a sales contract and it should close within a month, so we are definitely going this year.  I'm sure Scale Model World is awesome and a visit to England has always been on my bucket list, but my main purpose for going is to finally meet the many friends I've made on the forums over the years.
So, who's in?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

Re: Who's going to Telford this year?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 04:59:59 AM »
Just the Saturday this year, Bud.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline drdave

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 05:26:37 AM »
I'll be there with Romsey modellers

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 06:14:35 AM »
We will be there as well, I mean - Copper State Models)

Well that's a bonus for us, Edgar

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 07:03:35 AM »

Best wishes
Nigel
Let's meet up at Copper State's booth on Saturday, Nigel.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 07:04:45 AM »
I'll be there with Romsey modellers
I'll see you there, Dave!
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 10:38:33 PM »

Best wishes
Nigel

Great idea, Bud. How about if we met by the Copper State stand at 12.00? It would be great if other forum members could get there too.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline drdave

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 01:46:38 AM »
I'll try

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 02:04:08 AM »
I'll try
If not, I know where to find you Dave. (Pssst.  Send me a map)
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 02:05:16 AM »

Best wishes
Nigel

Great idea, Bud. How about if we met by the Copper State stand at 12.00? It would be great if other forum members could get there too.

Best wishes
Nigel
Sounds good, Nigel.  Noon it is.

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »
Hi Bud - Nigel ,

Unfortunately  :( I'm not going this year so will not be able to meet up, which is a shame as it was nice to put 'faces to names' last year.

Hope you all have a great time as I'm sure you will - Bud keep your 'plastic' in a chiller - they have a distinct tendency to go into meltdown  ;D - I already have a shopping list for my club mates who are going  ;)

Regards - Tug

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
Hi Bud - Nigel ,

Unfortunately  :( I'm not going this year so will not be able to meet up, which is a shame as it was nice to put 'faces to names' last year.

Hope you all have a great time as I'm sure you will - Bud keep your 'plastic' in a chiller - they have a distinct tendency to go into meltdown  ;D - I already have a shopping list for my club mates who are going  ;)

Regards - Tug

Shame you can't make it this year Tug. Maybe we can raise a pint/glass of wine to you and all the brilliant work you've shared with us lately.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 08:35:43 PM »
Nigel - missed your post - yes do, a glass or two of red will go down nicely. I will be there in spirit of course and thinking of all that's going on throughout the weekend - have a great time all of you  :)

regards - Tug

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 03:19:53 AM »
Thought I'd give this thread a boost as we're just a month away and some of you may have recently firmed up plans.
Sorry you won't be there, Tug.  It would've been interesting to talk airborne with you.
Hoping to see more of you all there.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 08:27:14 AM »
Hi Bud, yes I'm going to miss being there this year though I do have friend who is going to do a bit of pseudo shopping for me  - Gaspatch, Vector, etc.

Re the airborne talk - it occurred after I posted - but I have the right to wear Canadian wings too. The first place that I went to as a young squaddie was Fort Churchill followed by time at Brandon/Rivers Manitoba where we did the Canadian course. That made my first battalion jump (and 2,3, and 4th) from a Fairchild Packet and not the Hastings or Beverley expected  :o  (Jan/Feb/Mar 1963)

I go to my local para branch with another Tug - he went there too but earlier with the advance party. We both wear our Canadian wings lapel badges on our jackets  :)

Have a great time at Telford - only wish I was there to meet you.

Regards - Tug