Author Topic: New Group Build starting soon.  (Read 4478 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
New Group Build starting soon.
« on: July 12, 2016, 02:44:27 PM »
The French GB ends on the 18th July so I have started preparations for our new GB.

The new group build will be a WW1 Diorama GB. I am still in the planning stages but this is what I have so far.

Any scale and any kit manufacturer will be acceptable, scratch builds are more than welcome
The diorama can consist of WW1 aircraft, artillery, armour, vehicles or a combination of all subject
Any size diorama big or small will be allowed
Dioramas consisting of figures alone are also acceptable, ground crew working, soldiers, sailors and airmen relaxing etc.
Ample time will be given to allow members to complete their dioramas.
A full build log is not essential but progress photos would be great.

I will write up a complete list of rules over the next few days, already I have five of the forum shop owners offering prizes for the GB and I personally will add to the prize pool.

I am asking for expressions of interest to determine if this will be a goer, I feel that this GB will encompass all aspects of WW1 and will be a fitting celebration for the WW1 centenary.

Des.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:15:41 AM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: New Group Build starting soon.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 03:43:35 PM »
Thanks Des

I'm happy to put my name in as a GB participant for this one. Lots of leeway for subject matter so a good motivator to take part.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 03:57:13 PM »
I'll be in Des but you know my ability not to complete Group builds will be a factor... or complete anything... ::) ;)

Such a wide range of subjects it's hard to find a reason not to.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Edo

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 04:33:41 PM »
Hey Des!
This sounds as a great idea!
I'd like to join, but I'm asking if already started build will be allowed.
Thank you
ciao
Edo

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 04:39:30 PM »
As with all my group builds Edo already started builds are allowed to enter. Lets make this the biggest and best GB ever.

Des.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 05:28:14 PM »
WWI Diorama groupbuild? Great, I'm in  :)
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 06:29:28 PM »
Figures will not be compulsory, the components of your GB diorama will be entirely up to the individual.

Des.

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 06:35:57 PM »
Des,

you are aware that over on LSM a "diorama GB" is already running, strongly supported by WNW and via the "WNW fanclub"-facebook community, aren't you? I am concerned the post over there would simply be repeated here, without any real gain in the end.

Stefan

Offline MikkoHeikkinen

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 07:29:40 PM »
Count me in! Yeah, LSP have diorama groupbuild, but it's restricted to wnw kits.

Mikko

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »
This is the reason I am starting this new WW1 Diorama GB, it is not restricted to Wingnut kits only and opens the field up for everyone and includes any scale. I am not a member of the Wingnuts Fan Club simply because Wingnuts have never supported this forum in any shape or form. Some builds will be repeated but what the heck, we are all free agents and can post builds where ever we like, I feel this new GB will be a big success because we have a large group of very talented members and we build a variety of scales including armour, artillery, vehicles, figures and aeroplanes. This new GB has the support of four of the forum shops so far and they have kindly offered prizes, I will also add to the prize pool.

Des.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:55:42 PM by Des »

Offline boggie

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 08:53:03 PM »
Wonderfull idea Des.

Truly inclusive, not exculsive.

This has all the possibilities of the best GB yet, anywhere.

And it's gunna be great!  :)

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 09:28:49 PM »
Des,

please don't get me wrong. I will happily take part in that Group Buiild, prices offered or not, if i can find some free time for it. I am just under the impression, looking at "the other group build" (which is supposed to be open for everyone), that the majority of entries come from a few members that seem to be performing a "Materialschlacht", putting huge amounts of materiel into a single build, thus deterring modellers working on a budget (like me) from participating. i hope that won't be the case here, as well.

Stefan

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 09:40:05 PM »
In this day and age Stefan I think most of us are working to a budget, me included, that is why my new WW1 Diorama GB will appeal to the majority of our members. This GB will cater for all modelers whether a beginner or an expert, it will cover all scales and all building mediums and best of all it is not restricted to just one model manufacturer, it will be a very fair GB and open to everyone, I think Boggie hit the nail on the head - truly inclusive, not exclusive.

Des.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 10:33:03 PM »
I don't do figures, nor have I ever done a diorama but I can still see an opportunity to participate, albeit with a very small Diorama which is nothing more then an enhanced and more elaborate display base. It's all about participating in the group effort with an individual contribution, and in this format everyone has something they could offer. I think it's a brilliant theme!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 12:08:50 AM »
I like the idea Des! Plenty of Latitude to include all! I think I will just roll over the Salmson build and include the planned Aviattic figures in a diorama setting.
RAGIII
PS: My GB finish rate is right there with Keith  :-[
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler