Author Topic: New Group Build starting soon.  (Read 4479 times)

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: New Group Build starting soon.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 01:15:56 AM »
Des,

please don't get me wrong. I will happily take part in that Group Buiild, prices offered or not, if i can find some free time for it. I am just under the impression, looking at "the other group build" (which is supposed to be open for everyone), that the majority of entries come from a few members that seem to be performing a "Materialschlacht", putting huge amounts of materiel into a single build, thus deterring modellers working on a budget (like me) from participating. i hope that won't be the case here, as well.

Stefan
Stefan, it's not the amount of things you can put in a diorama that makes it work, often the best are really quite simple but well thought out.  Besides that build it for the pleasure & experience and the joy of sharing it with friends.  ;)
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Edo

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 01:43:20 AM »
yea! I definitely agree with Keith!
As my wife says it is not the measure that matters!  :-X
ciao
edo  ;)

Offline MikkoHeikkinen

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 02:27:12 AM »
You can have all amount of aftermarket stuff and still being shitty modeller.;) In dioramas it's all about idea, idea and idea and how you bring it to viewer. And good diorama don't need figures to be good diorama. I'm very low of budget cause I'm unemployed, so i don't have much money for aftermarket. And what I can't improve with money, I do it old school. ;) Let's do this!

Mikko

Offline Monty

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 04:00:21 AM »
I would really like to commit to this GB too! My record of finishing GB's is poor - on this forum kind of 100% - life gets in the way - so I really have sympathy with all those who struggle to get to the finish line! But it sounds so interesting I must enter something, the prizes are attractive, I have nothing planned yet but a fertile imagination, and I will finish my French GB entry... (sometime!!) Regards, Marc

Offline Kreston

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 04:07:12 AM »
I'm in!
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 08:50:38 AM »
I have found the fastest, easiest diorama idea which caters for those on a tight budget.

My GB will be a display base board with nothing on it but a card with the words 'My diorama of Wingnut Wings resin ground crew working on the new Wingnuts BE2c". ....

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IanB

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 08:57:04 AM »
Great idea Des, that could be the kick I need to get back onto the Muromets....maybe....

Ian

Offline FarEast

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 11:04:48 AM »
I'm in!  :D

Offline Mark

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 12:40:59 PM »
I have a few (gasp!) new Takom kits just waiting for attention, so please put my name down, too!

Mark G

Offline FarEast

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 02:13:05 PM »
HoHoHo.......oh I'm in!

And yes its all about ideas and sometimes simplicity is all it takes sometimes to tell a story.

Here's one of mine (the only one) to get the juices flowing!

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 02:24:52 PM »
This is the beauty of the new GB, you can make your diorama as simple or as complicated as you wish, just one or two elements or a combination of many, let your imagination run wild and create your own scene or recreate an original WW1 scene, every diorama will tell a story.

We now have five of the forum shops who have kindly offered prizes for the GB, many thanks to Richard at Aviattic, Lukasz at Taurus Models, Edgar at CSM, Bo Monroe at Flugzeugwerke and Costas at GasPatch Models, I will also be adding something to the prize pool.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 05:54:16 PM »
My GB will be a display base board with nothing on it but a card with the words 'My diorama of Wingnut Wings resin ground crew working on the new Wingnuts BE2c"

Brilliant. Reminds me of a small base someone built years ago, showing just a print of boots in an area of mud, called "Frodo wearing the One Ring"

Offline Cajun

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »
Great Idea Des...  Perhaps I can actually finish a GB for once lol

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 04:21:02 AM »
It's about time for my first diorama and first GB ;D Thanks for the subject, accessible for everybody!

Offline xmald

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 07:26:30 AM »
You can count me in!
Best regards
Filip