Author Topic: Jeannin Taube - 1:32 scale  (Read 47191 times)

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
Re: Jeannin Taube - 1:32 scale
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »
... and these scratchbuilding "things" just keep getting better, everyday...  :)
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 04:01:00 AM »
Phenomenal work, Des.  This cockpit is fantastic.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
   Des,
WOW now that's some outstanding progress my old friend. Absolutely beautiful design and craftsmanship.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 08:50:29 AM »
Amazing work Des. Your models deserve to be placed in a high profile aviation museum as they are world class quality.

This one is going to be a worthy companion to the Voisin.

Kind regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »
Lovely work Des - the guys above have got it spot on ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline xmald

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 07:55:29 AM »
Des I`m your fan your the scratchbuilding rockstar and I wanna be your groupie  ;) Amazing work mate!
Best regards
Filip

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
Everything is so pristine and precise. Just beautiful my friend!!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
Here is a very small update. I have been working on the engine, I am converting a Mercedes D.III to a D.I which involves quite a few modifications. The bottom of the crank case has been reshaped, I did this using an epoxy putty. The three paired cylinders have been made and the manifold flanges added, both inlet and exhaust. I trial fitted the inlet manifold and it fits perfectly not only with height but distance between flanges, I got lucky with this one. I need to add the spark plugs and priming taps, a bit of paint then some plumbing and wiring. The following photos show the uncompleted engine still with plenty of work needed, but it is starting to look a little like a Mercedes D.I engine. The cylinders are not fixed to the crank case at this stage, just sitting there for the photos.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 11:57:22 PM »
Nice work!

If you dont paint the parts yet and dont gleu the sub asemblys together. Then send them to me i can cast molds to make the engine in Resin iam sure there are more people that can use this engine, just a idea ofcourse.

Ron

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
Thanks for the offer to make resin casts of the engine Ron, but last night I painted the engine and added some plumbing, I have also started to add the valve springs and rocker assembly.

Des.

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
That's impressive work, Des, this is really coming along very nicely indeed.  I admire the fuselage framing, mate, that's impressive.   

Dal.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »
I'll be watching this engine conversion with great interest. It's nothing I would ever hope to attempt myself, but it sure is interesting to see how you do it.

Geesh, who knew a guy was supposed to actually mark out where various components go!  :o  So much for my 'Mark I Eyeball' approach to modelling.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 02:37:52 AM »
Outstanding job on the engine, Des.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 07:37:36 AM »
  Des,
As always hyper impressive works from your most talented bench my old friend. It's always a grand treat to see another outstanding update has appeared. Looking forward to seeing her engine all decked out in the finest of details.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
I've been plodding along modifying the engine. The three banks of paired cylinders are now fixed to the crank case, the crank case has had new engine mounts fitted and new nuts and bolts around the joint line. Spark plugs are in and so is  the ignition lead tube. The crank case is painted with Humbrol 27001 Aluminium while the cylinders are painted with Hobby Color H77 Tire Black. Because of the modifications to the carburettor I had to extend the length of the intake manifol pipes, they are painted with a mixture of Gunze metal color paints.

Des.