Author Topic: A.E.G. N.I and A.E.G. C.IV dual build  (Read 16197 times)

Offline IanB

Re: A.E.G. N.I and A.E.G. C.IV dual build
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:05 PM »
Nice work indeed.
I wasn't even aware of the N series of single-engined night bombers until you started this build. I just bought the book, so now I'm up to date. Now I may have to build one myself! (What were they thinking? Single-engine, night, bomber? Strange idea..... )

Ian

guitarlute101

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2016, 02:12:11 AM »
Thanks Ernie and Ian, I'm having a lot of fun with this one.

Mark

guitarlute101

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2016, 05:41:16 AM »
Hi everyone,

I had some time today to drill holes for brass rod to pin the upper wing sections together, contour the trailing edge of the center wing section and make the cutouts for the upper wing landing lights.....

Mark

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:21:34 AM by guitarlute101 »

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2016, 03:22:31 AM »
How's the overall fit on the kit?mostly the fuselage.I have the old copper state AEG and it is ruff.the fuselage is twisted there are holes and voids. the floor insert is I'll fitting and nothing really lines up.I imagine its a good deal better than the old kit .l

guitarlute101

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2016, 01:41:47 AM »
Hi Scott,

It's much better than the old versions but still needs a little work.The right an left sides of the fuselage tail is a little off (one higher than the other) but I'll be running brass pins through them to line them up. The floor insert will need a little work to thin the sides this get it to fit but nothing too complicated. No holes or voids at all, it looks like the resin parts were vacuumed. It's much better than the old versions but still needs a little work.

Mark

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »
Outstanding work on the landing lights and wings in general!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

guitarlute101

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »
Thanks Rick!

guitarlute101

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:14 AM »

Just picked up the new Copper state Models Benz engine for my build, much more detailed than the Karaya engine. Time to get back to work.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:21:46 AM by guitarlute101 »

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2016, 10:41:45 AM »
Awesome work on the N.I, Mark!  Really looking forward to the C.IV.  Yes, the CSM engines are much, much better than the Karaya offerings and pretty much everything else that's available.  Excellent stuff.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2016, 12:05:43 PM »
Can't wait to see an update.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2016, 05:02:31 AM »
The NI kit is cool and it looks like something I could do if I had 2 AEG C-IV kits in 1/72 scale.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2016, 12:08:17 AM »
they probably have a kit for the aeg N.1 in 1/72 scale they have just about anything you can think of. 1/48 we are lucky to have c.iv we can convert and 1/32 may never even have that.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2018, 12:42:06 PM »
Hey, Mark!  Hello!  Still out there?  Did you ever finish this beauty?  I'm about to start the CSM AEG and I'm curious as to how this one turned out.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

guitarlute101

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2018, 07:23:59 AM »
Hey, Mark!  Hello!  Still out there?  Did you ever finish this beauty?  I'm about to start the CSM AEG and I'm curious as to how this one turned out.
Cheers,
Bud

Hey there Bud, still working on it, I had to really put the hot water to one of the fuselage halves to make it match the other side but it's coming along. I do a little on it here and there. I have a secret modeling project I'm working right now that's taking up all of my time. I'll show it when it gets done then it's back to my other model projects including this one.

Mark

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2018, 02:32:49 AM »
Hello Mark
You are a hero for building a N-type, just noticed this one. Looking great so far but now intrigued to know what the secret project is.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!