Author Topic: A.E.G. N.I and A.E.G. C.IV dual build  (Read 16375 times)

guitarlute101

A.E.G. N.I and A.E.G. C.IV dual build
« on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted anything mainly because of a hectic work schedule and zero time at the bench, but as they say, "you will make time for what you like to do". So I am making time to start a build I've had in the works for quite a while...an  AEG N.I Night Bomber. I picked up two of the new production Copper State Models resin AEG C.IV kits and requested an extra set of upper and lower wings for one of the kits. I'll be using Jack Herris' excellent book on the subject as a resource....................

Here's the extra set of wings and the fuselage halves, the wings are very nice and thin and are of uniform thickness across the length of the wing, SUPER NICE!!! I will remove and replace the internal fuselage bracing with styrene rod.........

I also picked up a resin Karaya Benz engine for the build. I'm really looking forward to the build but it won't be a quick one. It will just be nice to get back to modelling.

Mark

Online RAGIII

Re: A.E.G. N.I and A.E.G. C.IV dual build
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 01:39:31 AM »
Mark,
Nice to see you posting your next build! I am certainly looking forward to following along on this one!
RAGIII

PS: How goes the passenger LVG?
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 01:43:46 AM »
Hi,
how cool, I'll follow that closely! Do you already know how to paint the hexagons?
I'm sure you know this built:
http://www.histomin.com/Aviation/World%20War%201%20Aviation/WW1%20German%20Aircraft/WW1%20AEG%20N.I%20N.9378_17/gpww1acftaegn.I%20.htm
I'm keen on seeing your progress. I'm planning to convert my C IV into a J I or J II some day...
Greetings
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

guitarlute101

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 01:46:22 AM »
Thanks Rick, it's great to hear from you! The LVG Limo is coming along too. I was working on it earlier today and my masking pulled some paint off of the wheel covers (dang it!) so some days it's one step forward, two steps back. Nothing I can't fix but just a pain in the old arse to have to do it again.

Mark

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:53:53 AM »
 Mark,
Long time no see my old friend. This looks to be another excellent project from your talented bench. I'll be following along with the greatest of interest.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

guitarlute101

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 01:54:56 AM »
Hi,
how cool, I'll follow that closely! Do you already know how to paint the hexagons?
I'm sure you know this built:
http://www.histomin.com/Aviation/World%20War%201%20Aviation/WW1%20German%20Aircraft/WW1%20AEG%20N.I%20N.9378_17/gpww1acftaegn.I%20.htm
I'm keen on seeing your progress. I'm planning to convert my C IV into a J I or J II some day...
Greetings
Borsos
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:19:05 AM by guitarlute101 »

guitarlute101

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 01:57:39 AM »
Mark,
Long time no see my old friend. This looks to be another excellent project from your talented bench. I'll be following along with the greatest of interest.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Gregory! It does my heart so good to hear from you! I've sincerely missed you my friend! I really look forward to getting back into building and reconnecting with everyone, it's been too long.

Mark

guitarlute101

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 04:03:17 AM »
Should be an epic build :o
got my pop-corn and Cola here to relax and enjoy watching this project)

Thank you Edgar! It's quite an honor to have you checking in on my build. This kit is awesome!!

Mark

guitarlute101

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 04:20:54 AM »
Super! Thanks Edgar!

Mark

Offline radio

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 04:47:06 AM »
Hy Mark,
I also follow your build.
I think to change this C IV in J1 or J II.
It will be nice if come some conversation kits from CSM.
Cheers
Martin

guitarlute101

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 05:26:26 AM »
Too bad I didn`t announce our Benz Bz. IV in time)
it will be on the next week)

I really want a Benz IV in 1/32 for my LVG Limo build to replace the kit engine. I look forward to it and I'll be buying it ASAP when it is ready.

Mark

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 07:06:17 AM »
Hello Mark and welcome back, great to see you back at your bench again. You have chosen an excellent subject and a great kit, looking forward to seeing this one come together in your very capable hands.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

guitarlute101

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 07:21:58 AM »
Thanks Des!!  :)

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »
It will be interesting to see how you will be able to cope with the masking involved. Have fun!

S.

guitarlute101

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 10:21:46 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've had a chance to get the parts for the upper wings ready. Here you can see the actual wing and center section length and the extensions I've cut from the spare wings..............
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:19:28 AM by guitarlute101 »