Author Topic: Sopwith 1A2 No 6 of Sgt Gabriel Herbert and Adj Charles Borzecki, N62, 1916  (Read 14328 times)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Looking great, Bud!
Keep those updates rolling.

Von B  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Super work on the interior Bud as well as the amazing job
of modifying the top deck.  Great update, my friend!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline xmald

Greeat job on the interior Bud. I really like the stains on the linen. Keep the updates coming  ;)
Best regards
Filip

Offline radio

Beautiful work to the interior and changes.
Cheers
Martin

Online RAGIII

Your usual awesome work Amigo! Looks stunning to date!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Thank you, Bob, Ernie, Filip, Martin and Rick!  Been really busy lately, but I've still managed to eke out a wee bit of progress between annoying life interruptions.  Plodding along with the cockpit.

That silvery looking cross member behind the pilot's seat is actually brass rod filed to a square cross section.  It's there to spread the top of the fuselage walls apart so that the top decking will fit.  I'll paint it tan, then use oils to give it a wood grain.  I'm now working on ammo drum boxes for the observer, not provided in the kit or in the pe set.  I also need to make a fuel tank and a map box.  The observer's cockpit will be highly visible, so these items need to be there.  I'm also working on the Vector Clerget and ginding down the cowling to make it fit within.  Photos soon.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
 Bud,
Outstanding progress my old friend. Your interior is First Class,lovely work. Keep up the Master Level efforts my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Thank you, Gregory!  You've always been so supportive!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline boggie

Excellent plodding Bud!

Please don't keep us waiting too long for more.  :)

Offline Borsos

You make an excellent Job, Bud! This instrument panel in particular is awesome! Can't wait to see more!
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline ALBATROS1234

great stuff bud, havent seen one of these built in a while.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Excellent plodding Bud!

Please don't keep us waiting too long for more.  :)
Thanks, Boggie!  I'll try not to. ;)
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
You make an excellent Job, Bud! This instrument panel in particular is awesome! Can't wait to see more!
Thank you, Andreas!  The instrument panel is from the Part PE set with a pulsometer made from scratch and a few extra bezels thrown in for good measure.  By the way, please don't scrap your C.III!  It's an exquisite model and can be salvaged.  I know it's frustrating, but if you remove the offending wing and tail surface parts and refinish them, I think you'll be glad you did. 
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:29:14 AM by coyotemagic »

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
great stuff bud, havent seen one of these built in a while.
Thanks, Scott!  It's a shame more of these aren't built.  It's really a pretty good kit and a decent representation can be built oob.  I might try that on my next one.  The surface detail is very nice.  The only drawback, imho, is the quality of the decals.  They are the worst I've ever encountered.  I really wish Rowan would do a Strutter sheet.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Gisbod

Interesting project Bud..

You're doing a very nice job on her.

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941