Author Topic: Garford-Putilov 1917  (Read 5246 times)

Offline JamesAPrattIII

Re: Garford-Putilov 1917
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 09:21:18 AM »
Glad to be of help. one thing you might want to add to any Red Army dioramas is a Commissar figure wearing a leather coat and armed with a mauser C96 pistol. Chekists also ran around in leather coats. Besides making you look tough it helped that lice didn't live in them like wool coats.

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 01:21:51 PM »

Some small progress on the people's-tank-eating-comrade-truck and still removing the lice from this kit.

Here's a close-up of the R) side machine gun thingo.  I think it's called a machine gun turret but don't quote me on this.  I'm going to do some root canal work on this part of the kit and drill them out with dental tools.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:05:49 PM by Steven Robson »
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 02:08:35 PM »
This is the Comrade Stalin Tool

Resistance is futile.  The Comrade Stalin Tool is my new best friend; no model, piece of cheese, solid block of concrete and or nasty little prostate gland can resist the Comrade Stalin Tool.

I have to take the top off the middle compartment to get to the machine gun turrets for a re-build.  While I was there, I decided that I didn't like (all of) the rivets.  These will have to be re-done for the whole kit after it's been re-skinned with brass plate.  Removal of the rivets and surface details are done with a different tool but I can't show you this one.

you're such a rivet counter

Oh, and the chassis is all buckled and screwed-up so I'm going to cut that bit off and re-build it.  The model can then come together as two sub assemblies.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:38:17 PM by Steven Robson »

Offline boggie

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 08:27:57 PM »

"The Comrade Stalin Tool is my new best friend; no model, piece of cheese, solid block of concrete and or nasty little prostate gland can resist the Comrade Stalin Tool."

Gee Steven.
That does look painfull!  ;D  But so was stalin! >:(
And you are removing all the rivits and rebuilding the chassis!
And re-skin!
Well, If I had any doubts I don't now. You are certifiable!  ;D
But very much looking forward to following your progress.
I reckon this is going to be a bit a lot special.  8)

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »
Thanks Mr boogie-woogie  :)

I'm fond of the People's Truck.  It's a difficult build for me; I reckon she'll clean-up with a little love and some make-up.  Oh, and a re-build on the rear gun turret, it's wrong.

Ivan tells me that it's a very old and difficult kit.  I'm hoping to get some more information from him soon.

Cheers Otto