Author Topic: WNW free shipping to end in 2016?  (Read 3749 times)

Offline iwik

Re: WNW free shipping to end in 2016?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »
Like I said, I guess I'm just odd!  ;)

Hi Chuck!
Yes, that's damn odd.
Guess I'm not the only one then! ;D
Ciao
Iwik

Offline Russell

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 08:04:16 PM »
Either set up world wide distributers or build the free shipping into the kits price increase.

.....er, then it isn't free shipping.

Free shipping doesn't exist - it's always built into the price on any product regularly sold on a 'free shipping' basis such as WnW kits.

Regards
Russell

Offline zavod44

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 11:02:44 AM »
I was gonna say weather they make it cost $20 more and say shipping is free, or charge $20 for shipping, you do realize it still costs the same.....Setting up a a distributor on different continents makes sense.  As we have discussed here, WNW is growing, it may have started as an experiment, but now they have turned into a major player so they are growing into their shoes.  A logical next step would be worldwide distribution.  I would assume at they point they may actually get a bigger audience.  I know we all know but believe it or not there are modelers I run into who don't really know who they are.  Or might have heard of them but they don't really know about it.  I think if this stuff is more readily available, and people can see the kits, and their fan base will only get larger.  I think this is just the very ground floor for these guys.....I'm still saying, within two years (prob less) we will see another major existing company release a 1/32 WW1 aeroplane kit

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 08:07:03 PM »
Just imagine modelers walking into their usual hobby shop anywhere around the world and seeing a range of Wingnut kits sitting on the shelf, this certainly would attract their attention and could draw them into buying and building WW1 aircraft, the box art on all the Wingnut kits are very attractive and are screaming out - look at me, look at me.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »
The way forward in a case like that is to have several regional appointed stockists for their products in various points around the globe which too might stop some of the mark ups we see from companies that do resell WNW kitsets.

I think (hope!) this will be the way things might evolve into.

S.

Offline Chuckt5

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 07:42:40 AM »
Setting up world wide distributers and getting these kits on hobby shop (and more online shops) shelves makes the most sense. I would be willing to pay more to be able to get the kit at my local hobby shop right away.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 08:08:50 AM »
Just imagine modelers walking into their usual hobby shop anywhere around the world and seeing a range of Wingnut kits sitting on the shelf, this certainly would attract their attention and could draw them into buying and building WW1 aircraft, the box art on all the Wingnut kits are very attractive and are screaming out - look at me, look at me.

Des.

Yes we have that in Kilbirnie in Wellington. The Hobby Stop has all the WNW kits on the shelves and they look fantastic!
Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 09:32:18 AM »
Jamo- how do the shop prices in Kilbirnie stack up versus the price direct from Wingnuts? I'm wondering whether a distribution model would see a significant increase in price to cover distribution/ shop markups etc, or would the increase be minimal ?

I'm imagining the Wellington shop prices are in Kiwi dollars but are they are a straight conversion of the Wingnuts US Dollar price?

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline FarEast

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 11:08:56 AM »

Des.

Here In Japan they are distributed by Beaver Corp ((Snigger)) and many a time I have found that upon arriving at the checkout at the hobby section of the store a new Wingnut Wings kit has fallen in to the basket by accident, too embarrassed to tell the clerk that a mistake has been made,  I admittedly make the purchase to hide my shame.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 01:08:06 AM »
It's all you can do.....

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2015, 08:47:56 AM »
Here in Blighty I've just ordered the latest two realeases and it works out at about  £80 per kit. Hannants are showing the DH9  at about £130 so whether I'll be paying an extra £50 per kit in taxes remains to be seen.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 09:23:04 AM »
Toby - Hannants is my local 'model shop'. They have always sold WnW at a straight pound per dollar as per WnW's pricing. The local model club is privileged to get a 10% discount but even so the last two models I have ordered direct from NZ have shown a (very) slight saving over that even after paying the VAT and postal service fee of £8. They have just this last week raised the price by £10 per kit over the  range. I have just ordered a BII from NZ which has converted to £82 - it will be interesting to see what the saving is, if any, over the new price increase once the VAT and that annoying fee is added.

Tug

Offline Russell

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »
Toby - Hannants is my local 'model shop'. They have always sold WnW at a straight pound per dollar as per WnW's pricing. The local model club is privileged to get a 10% discount but even so the last two models I have ordered direct from NZ have shown a (very) slight saving over that even after paying the VAT and postal service fee of £8. They have just this last week raised the price by £10 per kit over the  range. I have just ordered a BII from NZ which has converted to £82 - it will be interesting to see what the saving is, if any, over the new price increase once the VAT and that annoying fee is added.

Tug

I've just received two kits direct from WnW, the cost including UK VAT & the service fee was £145 in round figures. Hannants price would have been £190.

The VAT was 20% of the WnW price when converted to sterling & the Parcel Force fee was the usual £8.

£45 ($67) is a saving worth having in my opinion.

One kit was the Albatros (OWA), the other was the DFW C.V (Mid).

Regards
Russell

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 11:52:02 PM »
Can I assume Russell that £190 would be Hannants latest pricing?

There's no doubt that while the WnW current pricing structure remains it's going to be much the better option to order direct - from the UK that is - and from your situation much the better option

I can't remember the exact total but I sent for the SE5 special first off and after VAT etc that came out just over three pounds cheaper than the previous Hannants price less our usual discount.  The 'bonus' book of course would have bumped that well up had I bought it here.

The BII should come out around £106/7 - can but wait and see

Regards - Tug

WarrenD

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2015, 01:18:59 AM »
Just remember folks: nothing in life is free, not even shipping. Also, EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, is a limited edition.

Period.

Merry Christmas,

Warren