Author Topic: WNW free shipping to end in 2016?  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Cajun

Re: WNW free shipping to end in 2016?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2015, 04:52:08 AM »
Took advantage of it while I had the chance and ordered the Rumpler Early before that free shipping got jacked up

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
Just as a quick comparison for the Wingnuts SE.5a 'Hisso' 

Hannants   £66.66 plus post ($98.91 US at the current currency exchange rate plus post)

Hobbylink Japan $95.45 US plus post

Wingnut Wings  $69.00 free post

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Francis Guedes

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »
Seen on another forum is this comment- attributed to Richard Alexander of Wingnut Wings on the question of when free shipping of their kits is likely to end.

I have no proof the attributed remarks are from Richard so take them with the proverbial grain of salt but they are from a forum that regularly quotes him.

"Free shipping will need to end shortly but not necessarily at the end of this year, it will probably be sometime before the middle of 2016. We will give people some advance warning before this happens."

If true this would address the question many have had whether the increased price of the new releases is a trade off against postage costs. Apparently not.

Buy 'em while you can guys because if they impose postage costs on top of higher prices and we cope with exchange rates and VAT charges and Parcelforce costs and who knows what other costs, these models are going to become less affordable to those on tight budgets.

The Albatros B.II and DH9A Post War kits each cost $A 163 with our current exchange rate to the Aussie dollar. Add postage to that and they could top $A200 apiece. Lets hope WnW can negotiate a really cheap bulk postage deal because at the moment sending a model from Australia to America costs over $50, even more if sending one from  New Zealand.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
[/quote/]

Hi.
The other forum was and is Large Scale Modeller and I can assure that the info is good as was I who post that news and got the info directly from WnW.
Regards
Fran

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 06:27:26 PM »
Here in Blighty I've just ordered the latest two realeases and it works out at about  £80 per kit. Hannants are showing the DH9  at about £130 so whether I'll be paying an extra £50 per kit in taxes remains to be seen.
Got the final bill from Parcelforce and a very pleasant surprise. £21. So 2 WNW kits that would've cost well over £220 here finally cost me just over £180.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 06:47:59 PM »
A pleasant surprise indeed Toby - sounds like you dipped in ok there paying the same as I have for one kit.  My BII arrived yesterday, the total cost of that was £103 and I was charged £21.07 for that - £13.07 for VAT plus the usual £8 service charge. Of course you only have to pay that £8 if you have two or more kits.

From what I understand 'import duty' comes into effect once the goods value £135 and only then if the duty is more than £9.00 but how the duty is calculated percentage wise appears to be a mystery. It certainly appears sensible to order more than one kit at a time if funds allow.

I also noticed on my label yesterday that no postage is stated, only the overall value of the kit - '$119'. As I'm sure you're aware the VAT is calculated on the value of goods plus postage so it looks like that that is another small 'bonus' to our advantage.

I await with interest to see what Hannants will be charging for the BII once it's on the shelf, based on their current structure I would guess £130 - as you say quite a saving.

Long may the free postage remain :)

Regards - Tug

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 02:04:11 AM »
Lucky those of us in the USA.  And I guess we can expect a price of $119 for all future 2-seaters--still a deal !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.