Author Topic: Renault-Mgebrov Armoured Car 1915  (Read 9319 times)

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: Renault-Mgebrov Armoured Car 1915
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 07:43:04 PM »
Thanks for the info, Steven, but I'm a little creeped out! :o ;D

George

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 07:48:12 PM »
Ooh lovely green!

I can't see the sand blasting making any mess - do you do it at the kitchen table?

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »
Sandblasting is best achieved on the drive way with all the safety goggles and respirator stuff in situ.

Don't try this at home without parental supervision; if you're heavy handed with the Badger all your hard earned paint will strip off.

Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline boggie

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 09:37:27 PM »
Hi Otto 
Long time no fun speak  ;D. Thanks for your tutorial on the sandblasting. I'm gunna try it. 
I also really like your green thingy! Pretty sure I've seen it's relatives in my garden! (smirk, hahaha)
Although it's a bit against my principles to agree with Bob, I miss your slinky PA too!   ;)

cheers, regards and best Christmas greetings.  :)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 11:48:28 PM »
Please do heed Uncle Otto's safety warnings if you do try this.  You do not want to breath the abrasive! (Or the crap it takes off). I've done a lot of bead blasting, I've got a blasting cabinet out in the shop... never thought of blasting my models though!

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 01:14:48 AM »
Although it's a bit against my principles to agree with Bob, I miss your slinky PA too!   

I hate stepping on principles. Please let me know where I'm going wrong so I can make adjustments to my life accordingly.

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 06:07:41 AM »
Like Bo, I have done a lot of sand blasting in the past when I restored vintage motorcycles, but I think the gun I have would blow the model to bits instead of just chipping away at the paint  ???

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline JamesAPrattIII

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 05:02:25 AM »
The photo of the Renault-Mgebov was taken in Petrograd right after the Feb/Mar 1917 revolution some of the men are wearing armbands with CM on them indicating "City Militia" which replaced the regular police who fled during the revolution.

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »
The photo of the Renault-Mgebov was taken in Petrograd right after the Feb/Mar 1917 revolution some of the men are wearing armbands with CM on them indicating "City Militia" which replaced the regular police who fled during the revolution.

Ahhhh, that's great info on the photo James.  So this little armoured car had a part to play in the Russian revolution.  It would have projected an  intimidating presence on the streets with the two machine guns.  The car's so ugly, I think it's beautiful. :)

I'm on my motorbike every day for the commute to work, some days I wish I was travelling in a fully armed Renault-Mgebrov to deal with the traffic.   

Thanks for the info
Otto
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2015, 04:26:14 AM »
glad to be of help from what little I know about this vehicle only 11 or 12 were built in the 1916-17 period. The Germans captured one in March 1918. The Megbrov-Renault did see some combat with both the Red and White armies during the Russian Civil war and the Red army retired it's last one in 1930. That's according my google searching . The Osprey books on Russian Civil war armor don't mention them at all. So it would seem they saw little use in this conflict. There is a book in Russian on Russian armored cars of the WW I period but it's in Russian only. There is also a book on German armored cars of the WW I period that is in German only. If I find more information I will post it here.