Author Topic: Wingnuts Albatros B.II sold out ?  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Wingnuts Albatros B.II sold out ?
« on: November 29, 2015, 06:58:36 AM »
Just noticed on the WnW site, the new Albatros B.II is now listed as "coming soon". Maybe the initial stock sold out faster than expected. They do say more stock is due mid December

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia.
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline rhwinter

Re: Wingnuts Albatros B.II sold out ?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 07:03:54 AM »
I was NEARLY CLOSE to ordering one...

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 07:09:52 AM »
Wow, they weren't kidding when they said limited stock! I'm glad I jumped at it. But this is just the initial run. There will be plenty more in mid December, but not in time to receive one by Christmas. :-\

George

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 09:22:04 AM »
I was just about to hit the pay now button when I realised that if I did so it would probably arrive just in time to be beaten up/crushed/shook to pieces or just plain lost in the usual postal melee that occurs pre Xmas. Looks like the decision to postpone for a few weeks isn't going to make much difference now  :)

Hope you get yours in time George  ;)

Regards - Tug

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 10:08:31 AM »

Hope you get yours in time George  ;)

Regards - Tug

It really doesn't matter if I get it before Xmas or not. I have too many other projects on the burner anyway. :)

George

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
I told my wife there was a box coming from New Zealand... just stick it under the tree when it arrives. "I know what comes from New Zealand" was the reply...  ;)

Offline jamieg

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »
I told my wife there was a box coming from New Zealand... just stick it under the tree when it arrives. "I know what comes from New Zealand" was the reply...  ;)

Tell her, "Yes, it is Lucy Lawless."

Jamie

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »
   I really have to wonder, how many of these kits might have been snatched up by the "speculators"? I have a theory that a great number of the Sold Out Kits are the result of that particular activity, or maybe I'm just being paranoid! In the interim I ordered the Data File a few hours ago, just in case I change my mind on this one! ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 12:55:12 PM »
   I really have to wonder, how many of these kits might have been snatched up by the "speculators"? I have a theory that a great number of the Sold Out Kits are the result of that particular activity, or maybe I'm just being paranoid! In the interim I ordered the Data File a few hours ago, just in case I change my mind on this one! ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Well, there was a limit of 2, so I can't imagine it's too rampant.

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
Cheers,
Lance

I hope there aren't too many WnW kits sitting on the shelves of "speculators" waiting for them to go OOP. These kits should be in the hands of modelers who will appreciate them and hopefully build them one day. I'm guilty of having a growing stash, but I'll get around to building them all, if I lived be 156 years old! ;D

George

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 07:24:05 PM »
In the interim I ordered the Data File a few hours ago, just in case I change my mind on this one! ::)

If you ordered that from Hannants Lance you were a couple of hours ahead of me getting the last one  ;) (there were only two when the 'news' broke!) but I guess they'll have more in by the time the kits arrive on the shelf.

but I'll get around to building them all, if I lived be 156 years old! ;D

Only 156 years George? Oh I wish - I'm positive I'll need more than that  ;)

Tug

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 12:48:00 AM »
Tug,
    I ordered direct on the Albatros Publications Web Site,  take a look on their Site, it's Number 93 and must have been updated in the past several days as the write up mentions the BII Release by Wingnuts. It was still listed as available and they receipted my order.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:56 AM »
Cheers,
Lance

Well, there was a limit of 2, so I can't imagine it's too rampant.

Good point in this instance; I am just amazed at the number of Kits offered on EBAY etc. and particularly the asking prices. I keep checking to hopefully find a "Harry Tate" for less then a mortgage on my home!!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline macsporran

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 01:03:48 AM »
I think a B.II will be a very slow seller after the initial knee-jerk rush of collectors adding anything new from WNW to their stashes. I'll probably get round to build one in a year or two's time - when it'll probably come with a free Datafile!!! ;)
Now, let's have the real Christmas surprise please and pop out that beautiful Sopwith Dolphin that discerning modellers are waiting for. :)
S

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 01:40:07 AM »
I think a B.II will be a very slow seller after the initial knee-jerk rush of collectors adding anything new from WNW to their stashes. I'll probably get round to build one in a year or two's time - when it'll probably come with a free Datafile!!! ;)
Now, let's have the real Christmas surprise please and pop out that beautiful Sopwith Dolphin that discerning modellers are waiting for. :)
S

I agree!  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler