Author Topic: Show us your........ Sopwith Pup  (Read 17624 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Show us your........ Sopwith Pup
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 05:37:51 AM »
Wow, Mark!  She's stunning!  When did you do this one?  I don't recall seeing her before.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline mgunns

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 06:57:29 AM »
Thanks Bud and Robert:

I built it January 2012.  I saw a picture of one a modeler did for a show in England I think.  I was blown away by it and had to do it.  What a great kit and what great decals by Pheon!

Best
Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16:02 AM »
Mark,
   Looks spectacular compared to "Op" schemes. Nicely done hardly suffices...........
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2012, 07:31:33 AM »
I thought I had posted these earlier on. Thought I'd add a few pics to the Thread, my WNW Pup representing "Nick" Carters' Pup with Naval 3. I did a lot of digging to confirm the red vs. black cowling and I was "gifted" with Nicks' immediate post war leather flying helmet which is displayed beside this model. Unless the Brisfit proves better this was certainly the nicest Kit and most pleasurable build I've ever done.

And last the Helmet with "Baby Mine"

Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 07:54:27 AM »
Gorgeous Pup, Lance.  What a great treasure to have Nick Carter's helmet.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »
Gorgeous Pup, Lance.  What a great treasure to have Nick Carter's helmet.
Cheers,
Bud

Bud,
   I feel very fortunate to have a piece of history such as this; particularly since "Nick" has always been a great hero of mine. It was gifted to me by a close friend whose Father used to share Scotch and cigars with Nick, Billy Bishop, and Collishaw amongst others between the Wars. Incredible stories Jack can relate, having met them all in his home as a youngster.
   I'll be passing it on to an Aviation Museum ultimately for all to enjoy. He wore it immediately post WWI while still serving.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 09:10:56 AM »
Outstanding Pup Lance! I particularly like your treatment of the wheels, seat cushion and chipped paint effect. Very, very nice indeed.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »
Very nicely done Mark! Who says RFC marking schemes have to be boring? This is a very striking scheme.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
Neat stuff indeed Lance.  What a neat piece of history and a great model to boot.

Thanks Lance

Best
Mark
Mark

Offline mgunns

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2012, 09:43:15 AM »
Very nicely done Mark! Who says RFC marking schemes have to be boring? This is a very striking scheme.

Cheers,

Chris
I agree Chris:  This scheme blew me away when I first saw it.  There are a couple of other striking schemes on that sheet as well.   
Thanks Chris

Best

Mark
Mark

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 06:00:56 AM »
Just looking at all of these models is great inspiration. Hopefully I can add a WNW version in CDL.

Steve

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
Dave, Mark and Lance - great models gents and, repeating what Steve said, very inspirational!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »
This is the build log link for the Night Trainer C-312 in Moon & Stars paint scheme:

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=1137.0

Here are some pics as completed:

There are more pics over in Completed Models.  I've really come to appreciate this aircraft even more, through building this model.  Keep posting your Pups folks!  Enjoy.

Regards,

Bob

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2012, 11:17:51 PM »
What a beautiful looking Pup you have there Bob! That scheme is striking and you've done a superb job with it.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2013, 03:10:24 AM »
Truly lovely Pup, Bob.  One of my favorites.
Cheers,
Bud