Author Topic: Help, ImageShack is down!  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Pgtaylorart

Help, ImageShack is down!
« on: September 29, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »
Hi,
I use ImageShack to host my photos but it is currently down. All my photos I've posted here, including my profile pic are not showing up. If ImageShack doesn't come back soon I'm going to have to reload all the photos on my threads using a different host! I'm not looking forward to that chore, but my threads won't make sense otherwise! :o :-\

I've noticed that photobucket is very popular here, but I'm not crazy about how when you click on a photo to enlarge it, it redirects you to their site. Are there other reliable photo hosting sites that you guys could recommend before I make the switch? If I'm going to have to switch I want it to be a long term, reliable, free or cheap site, and I don't want to have to do it again any time soon!

Thanks for any help, it will be greatly appreciated!
George

Offline Flute

Re: Help, ImageShack is down!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 06:15:47 PM »
I use Picturetrail,  http://www.picturetrail.com/. Never known it to be unavailable, but it ain't free. HTH.

Paul.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:55:36 PM »
FYI It is very simple to configure photobucket links to NOT redirect to their site. There are two methods

A) permanent fix: On the photobucket site go to account settings  (find this in the menu under your avatar in the upper right)

Click the albums tab

Scroll down to Link Back Option

Uncheck link back to albums

OR

B) slightly more work -- simply copy the url link (not the img) and paste here and then surround with img tags.

Offline IanB

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 01:10:47 AM »
I use photobucket and it never directs to my page. Just copy and paste the link, then delete everything in between the [URL] brackets, leaving [IMG] at each end. You will have a pic which will enlarge when clicked!

Ian

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 02:27:32 AM »
Thanks for the answers. I think I'll go with photobucket and use your settings, Bo.

What is strange is that ImageShack is still down today and none of my photos show up, but my avatar pic is showing up now. Weird.

George

Offline Mike Huxley

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 07:50:44 AM »
Hope you guys don't mind, but I will try and post a picture with a mall programme I use.

It seems to work ok, as I just did a preview.

Offline Mike Huxley

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 07:53:42 AM »
I use "Postimage". This takes your saved pictures from your computer, and then gives you a link to host direct to where you want it to. It's free and I've never had any problems with pictures going missing.

Cheers,
Mike

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 09:17:36 AM »
Thanks, Mike! I'll look into it. :)

George

Offline Mike Huxley

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 09:50:40 AM »
No Problem George, hope it helps. You also notice that you can press on the pic to enlarge it. By the way, the picture I posted is from my own collection of Imperial German flight badges, not something I pinched from the internet  ;)

Mike

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »
FYI It is very simple to configure photobucket links to NOT redirect to their site. There are two methods

A) permanent fix: On the photobucket site go to account settings  (find this in the menu under your avatar in the upper right)

Click the albums tab

Scroll down to Link Back Option

Uncheck link back to albums

OR

B) slightly more work -- simply copy the url link (not the img) and paste here and then surround with img tags.

Well Bo I just did as you directed and it works! At least on anything I post now, doesn't change the old photos posted  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 02:41:44 PM »

Well Bo I just did as you directed and it works! At least on anything I post now, doesn't change the old photos posted  ::)
RAGIII

yes, it won't change the old tags -- you'd have to edit them manually --  the setting just changes the code the that photobucket "offers up" for you to paste. The default code includes a hyperlink that links back to the album -- which is what I imagine almost nobody actually wants.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »
Picasa has always worked extremely well for me.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 03:20:42 PM »
Thanks, Des, I'll look into Picasa also. Imageshack is still down, but I'm hoping it comes back up soon. I'm not looking forward to re-uploading all the pics on my build threads, and trying to figure out which pic I posted where. From this point on though I will use another photo host.

George

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »
I hope it all comes good for you soon George.  I primarily use Picasa but I keep an account open with Flickr just in case.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com