Author Topic: Positive comments  (Read 7205 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Positive comments
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:05:15 PM »
Being the forum administrator I have to read every post each day, while doing this I have had the pleasure of reading a lot of very positive comments regarding the forum. The latest comment posted said - 'the best WW1 model site in the entire known universe' (thanks Gregory) really made me very proud. What started off as just a tiny little forum with half a dozen members has now blossomed out to be a thriving WW1 model aviation forum with nearly two and a half thousand excellent members. We as a community work together, share our ideas and are not afraid to take a little criticism, we are all very friendly and make any new member more than welcome. It would not be a forum without you guys as its members, you are all a great bunch of people and I thank you for making the forum what it is today.

A very happy forum owner.

Des.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:18:21 PM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: Positive comments
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 02:51:10 PM »
Des, the "thank you" goes to you from us! Thank you for creating such a great place for us like minded individuals to come together and share our common interests. You have managed to keep the discourse positive and friendly, while still being constructive, and from the start you have made us feel welcome. Now it's time for a big group hug! :o ;D

George

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 03:19:54 PM »
I have to echo what George said above. Des without you and the support of your wife this forum could never have become what it has. Kept it welcoming to all levels of skill and interest to all and that in itself is an incredible task. It's attacted such a wide diverse group of members who are willing to share and advise and more, to actually care about each other in many ways.

Theres a whole wide web out there for people to hate mock and bitch on and I for ona am glad they know this isn't the place to do that and it won't be accepted. 

Long may what you have given us continue Des I enjoy reading posts every day even if I don't contibute as much as I once did.

Proud to be one of the family.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 03:49:37 PM »
I am really happy to be a small part of this community. Thank you, Des, for providing all this for us.

Stefan

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 04:28:30 PM »
Hi Des,
 This is the first place I look in on after booting my Macbook and the last destination before powering the old girl down at night. No other forum or website receives that amount of attention!  ;)

Long may that continue!
Cheers,
Bob

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
My experience is the same as von buckles,this is the best forum in the multiverse! Thank's Des.

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
Hello gentlemen and ladies,
I agree, It's always pleasure reading and writing here, respect, no useless polemic, quick answering and a lot of passionate people. I'm fond of it.
Thanks a lot for all of it Des.
Best regards.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

Offline Edo

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 05:06:35 PM »
Yes, friends!
very great site indeed!
As someone altready said, my thank you goes to Des his dedication and passion made all this possible!
ciao
edo

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »
What?! You're kidding, right?! THIS IS THE BEST MODELING forum, WW 1 Aero or otherwise!! And we owe it all to you, Des and Adrienne. Your generosity and support at every level to all of us cannot be expressed deeply enough!!

Pietro

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »
It's a remarkable thing, and long may it last. Thanks Des.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 06:38:27 PM »
Like Bob, this is my first port of call each day and last at night. But then there are many other visits in-between. A forum of this quality does happen by chance and for that we owe you and Adrienne a great debt of thanks, Des.

Long may it continue.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 07:47:33 PM »
I can only echo the others in thanking you for all you have done to make this the absolute best Forum on the Net! This is a great place to learn!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline First tee

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 09:30:33 PM »
As a relative newcomer and someone who has a lot to learn, thank you Des for this site!  It is both educational and inspirational, with none of the negativity I see on so many other sites.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 09:38:08 PM »
Des, your efforts have made a very special forum...by far the
best I've seen.  I am sure it is exactly what you had envisioned,
and is very much appreciated by all of us!  Thank you, my friend. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 10:49:44 PM »
    As others have already said, first place to visit at the beginning of my day and a quick last look at the end of my day; doesn't get any better then that. Great atmosphere, greater people, and just plain enjoyable! Well done Des and Adrienne, and also you almost 2500 fellow Members! :)
Cheers,
Lance